Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs Jorge Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Linares can trouble him with his speed and movement, but Garcia has great timing, jab and power and i expect him to catch Jorge as the fight goes on. I think Linares is more open defensively than Crolla showed.

Need to see the fight though. Linares is much improved from the fighter i saw years ago. Smarter, more controlled, but still so fluid and crisp with his punching

Comment

I think Mikey stops him. Has the timing and has decent power.

Linares-Loma would be more interesting as Loma would be giving up a bit of size. Reckon he would outbox Linares eventually but he might fight it hard enough to get inside early on.

Comment

I like Linares style better but i have to see them in the face-offs and see the size difference. Mickeys last opponent looked like a midget compared to him.

Comment

Jeorge has a beautiful offense but Mikey will land on him, and hurt him. Garcia in 7. Mikey sees openings exceptionally well and won't have any trouble picking apart Linares.

Linares vs Easter is the fight I want to see.

Comment

Linares will start fast and win rounds but I think at some point mikey will land something big to get him out of there. But if he don't hurt him linares has all the skills to win enough rounds for a decision.

Comment

If Linares is going to lose, is always going to be by stoppage. He can box, so he's never gonna lose a 12 round decision. All 3 of his losses are him getting KTFO. If you can get KO'ed, Mikey will be able to get it done. Mikey KO's him, especially when he fights like he's tired from doing flurries and using footwork. I saw fatigue in him vs Crolla today.

Mikey TKO.

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
              my 100% unbias opinion is that Mikey stops linares.

My only problem will GBP work with Esponza?
              Good thing is Mikey isn't tied to anyone at all right now, from what I understood.

Comment

Mikey has lights out power, and Linares has always been vulnerable - chin and stamina. I think Garcia gets him out of there in the mid rounds, but don't be surprised if its early as well.

Linares will be successful whilst he's standing, but he doesn't have a particularly disciplined style, never has. The types of shots he throws, uppercuts mixed with hooks, they are really creative, awesome combinations, but it leaves him open to be countered. Mikey has the timing and power to catch him between.

Actually this fight could end up looking similar to Khan-Garcia.

Comment

Most likely Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Mikey has lights out power, and Linares has always been vulnerable - chin and stamina. I think Garcia gets him out of there in the mid rounds, but don't be surprised if its early as well.

Linares will be successful whilst he's standing, but he doesn't have a particularly disciplined style, never has. The types of shots he throws, uppercuts mixed with hooks, they are really creative, awesome combinations, but it leaves him open to be countered. Mikey has the timing and power to catch him between.

Actually this fight could end up looking similar to Khan-Garcia.
                    Good points. Those mid range uppercuts he likes to throw leave him wide open for counters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      If Linares is going to lose, is always going to be by stoppage. He can box, so he's never gonna lose a 12 round decision. All 3 of his losses are him getting KTFO. If you can get KO'ed, Mikey will be able to get it done. Mikey KO's him, especially when he fights like he's tired from doing flurries and using footwork. I saw fatigue in him vs Crolla today.

Mikey TKO.

Good thing is Mikey isn't tied to anyone at all right now, from what I understood.
                      Lol thats a little bit of an exaggeration.

Two of his losses were stopped by doc/ref.

Comment

Working...
                      X