No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jason Quigley Tested, Decisions a Very Game Glen Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Why are you rating Tapia so high? He's a shot, former prospect. Before the fight people were saying Tapia shouldn't be fighting. He's shot. He's gonna get hurt. After the fight people were still saying he's shot, he shouldn't be fighting he should retire. But they're also saying how shit Quigley is. Tapia did nothing yesterday to give an indication he should continue fighting.
    And still he is better then guys Spence and other prospects were fighting with this many pro fights in their career. A diminished tapia is better then a club fighter with double digit losses.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-24-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
      Why? I like all 3 in there.
      Maybe they just need more time to gell but teddy and Hopkins felt redundant to me and were stepping on each others toes.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
        Ya, I could have even made an argument for 5. Just like Teddy, I was shocked by the scores. The right guy Won anyway, though, so I guess no harm no foul. Sucks though that judges were so biased, because if GT should have Won, he had no chance with these judges who had their minds made up already...
        I'd love to see the 5 rounds you think Tapia coulda won.

I'll look for the ESPN3 feed and go back and rewatch those 5 rounds.

Comment

In what world is Tapia a step up?
          Look at Quigley's resume. He'd fought 11 randoms & that De La Rosa kid before Tapia. And De La Rosa had L's to far inferior guys than Tapia had L's too. Tapia is probably his best opponent & at worst he's his 2nd best opponent. Its nothing unusual to have some growing pains when moving to the live opponent realm.

Some of you cats are far too finicky with tough fights or just tougher than expected fights. Some great fighters took straight up L's early in their career. A bad night doesn't make you not sh^t or unable to grow & improve from less than stellar nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
            I'd love to see the 5 rounds you think Tapia coulda won.

I'll look for the ESPN3 feed and go back and rewatch those 5 rounds.
            Oh i dont remember LOL. I Know 3rd, 4th. Dont quite remember the rest......I really had it 4 rounds for GT. But the right guy Win, so moot point.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Maybe they just need more time to gell but teddy and Hopkins felt redundant to me and were stepping on each others toes.
              Oh OK. When B-Hop worked on HBO, I think it was a 3 man team too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Look at Quigley's resume. He'd fought 11 randoms & that De La Rosa kid before Tapia. And De La Rosa had L's to far inferior guys than Tapia had L's too. Tapia is probably his best opponent & at worst he's his 2nd best opponent. Its nothing unusual to have some growing pains when moving to the live opponent realm.

Some of you cats are far too finicky with tough fights or just tougher than expected fights. Some great fighters took straight up L's early in their career. A bad night doesn't make you not sh^t or unable to grow & improve from less than stellar nights.
                IT! WAS! GLEN! TAPIA! A guy who is shot and probably shouldn't be fighting anyway. Even after the fight people are still saying he shouldn't be fighting. IT! WAS! GLEN! TAPIA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  And still he is better then guys Spence and other prospects were fighting with this many pro fights in their career. A diminished tapia is better then a club fighter with double digit losses.
                  With over 350 amateur fights he should be fighting better competition at this stage than Errol Spence Jr. was fighting. To bad he isn't fighting better competition, he's fighting GLEN TAPIA!!!

Comment

IT! WAS! GLEN! TAPIA! A guy who is shot and probably shouldn't be fighting anyway. Even after the fight people are still saying he shouldn't be fighting. IT! WAS! GLEN! TAPIA!!!!
                    I'll never say boxing fans aren't dramatic as f#ck.

Regardless of all that Tapia was a step up if you look at Quigley's resume with a reasonable mind.

Comment

• Didn't think Quigley looked great but Atlas seemed determined to do a hit job on him in the commentary. Relentlessly negative for the full 10 rounds. When he traded he was 'panicked' and 'bewildered'. When he boxed and picked his shots he was 'doubting himself'. Ridiculous stuff.

Would definitely agree he's not ready for anything near the world level yet though. Has a lot to learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X