No announcement yet.

GGG vs Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Hagler lost to Willie Monroe Sr. His son, Willie Monroe Jr is way better, and he was KO'ed with ease by GGG.

Hagler was also a small MW.

GGG TKO12, forces a stoppage, doesn't KD Hagler though.
    so he couldnt stop Jacobs he stops a prime hagler...yea right lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
      GGG has no chance because Hagler fought in the 80's. we all know everybody from the 80's is undefeated and unbeatable.

nothing more to discuss.
      Could argue newbie casuals are just as stubborn as older fans. Hagler is a consensus top 5 all-time top 5 middleweight who would be at least even money against every other middleweight in history not named Robinson. It's logical to assume he'd win against GGG.

Also, for those that can't fathom different era's had better talent well that's also logical. They fought more often (hence more time to perfect craft in a real fight not the gym) and there was less of a ducking and marinating culture when it came to match-ups so the best fought the best more often. So the natural talent and skills can be similar, but if you are in a position to practice your craft more and are tested more it will yield better results more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        so he couldnt stop Jacobs he stops a prime hagler...yea right lol

jacobs is longer and about 20 lbs heavier than hagler in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          jacobs is longer and about 20 lbs heavier than hagler in the ring.
          And about half the fighter. That counts too in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Better than Hearns? Good one.

Roldon, Mugabi, Minter, Antufermo, Briscoe, Watts, Monroe, Seales, Hamsho, Sibson are as good if not better than GGG's best two wins (Lemiuex, Jacobs).

I'm a GGG fan too. I think it would be a good fight but tards shouldn't feel the need to **** on a legend to elevate their own guy.
            jacobs beats all those guys. period. and fact remains haglers biggest win is against a lightweight. but ggg gets endless criticism for fighting a gigantic welterweight who has no business at 147.. put it like this brook whoops duran at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              And about half the fighter. That counts too in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                Hagler would get blown out.

GGG has better chin. better power. better skills.

Suuuure lil Chola

Suuuuuure.

You'd think his name was Gomez instead of Golovkin by the way you mexicans jock him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  "ggg wins. hagler overrated, biggest win against duran..a lightweight. ggg faces way better comp"...........

another new "fan" who has no clue of the men on Haglers record.

"GGG would beat the black off Hagler"..........

a little more ignorance to fill up a space on here. Ban this!

Ray
                  ban for what? it's just an opinion. hagler is overrated. his biggest win is against a lightweight duran. nothing you say changes that. ggg will soon move up to 168 and maybe 175 to challenge himself. hagler moved up ...never.

was hagler ever ducked as hard as ggg is ducked? nope. if ducking was illegal ggg would already have defeated sturm, martinez, froch, chavez, cotto, canelo, eubanks, saunders etc etc list goes on

hagler was never feared or avoided. duran after their fight called him a b*tch and scared. how many people have called ggg a b*tch after sharing a ring with him?? none. even jacobs who claims to not feel his power is currently sitting at home with both eyes closed from jabs!!

the proof is in the pudding. ggg is better than hagler. thing is fighters from the 80's get put on these pedestals. and hagler retired and turned into a whiny b*tch because leonard got the decision. instead of asking for a rematch he goes away like a punk.

ggg would maul hagler period. hagler will not outweigh ggg by 20 lbs like jacobs did so hes not withstanding all that punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Easthood View Post
                    ban for what? it's just an opinion. hagler is overrated. his biggest win is against a lightweight duran. nothing you say changes that. ggg will soon move up to 168 and maybe 175 to challenge himself. hagler moved up ...never.

was hagler ever ducked as hard as ggg is ducked? nope. if ducking was illegal ggg would already have defeated sturm, martinez, froch, chavez, cotto, canelo, eubanks, saunders etc etc list goes on

hagler was never feared or avoided. duran after their fight called him a b*tch and scared. how many people have called ggg a b*tch after sharing a ring with him?? none. even jacobs who claims to not feel his power is currently sitting at home with both eyes closed from jabs!!

the proof is in the pudding. ggg is better than hagler. thing is fighters from the 80's get put on these pedestals. and hagler retired and turned into a whiny b*tch because leonard got the decision. instead of asking for a rematch he goes away like a punk.

ggg would maul hagler period. hagler will not outweigh ggg by 20 lbs like jacobs did so hes not withstanding all that punishment.
                    ^^^^^

I bet this trolling scab can't even defend himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      ^^^^^

I bet this trolling scab can't even defend himself.
                      so much butthurt because my opinion differs from yours. thats another thing i noticed about hagler groupies..if you dont agree with them they want to lynch you. im not trolling i genuinely think ggg is better than hagler and i explained why. what else you gonna say other than just name calling. i dont have to worship nobody. hagler was called a b*tch by lightweight duran. thats a fact. hagler retired like a b*tch instead of wanting a rematch. leonard and hearns were former welterweights but ggg gets nonstop hate for fighting brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X