No announcement yet.

Any news on Rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
    Rigondeaux should have signed with Haymon, instead of Roc Nation. Roc Nation has him fighting once a year. He doesn't need to wait until Cotto fights again. Hopefully Haymon puts it on Showtime or a PBC show. Flores is a Haymon fighter.
    Haymon, in all likelihood, wouldn't have guaranteed Rigondeaux any money, so I doubt that Rigondeaux would've been all that much on board with the move as an option (people, for whatever reason, seem to alway ignore that point).

Moises Flores is with Haymon, but don't ignore context here; his last PBC appearance was in 2015, as the 1st/2nd fight on a PBC on FS1 card (Toe-to-Toe Tuesday), with his last fight being 8 months after that and off of TV.

Haymon is unlikely to lean on Showtime/CBS for the fight, and I doubt that he'd even commit one of his bigger PBC stages for the fight.

The purse bid is coming, but I don't see Haymon thinking Rigondeaux-Flores is bigger than headlining it's own show for PBC on FS1, or simply being the chief support to the next Erislandy Lara fight (vs Andrade being something that Showtime would be interest in carry, with vs Castano/Soro likely targeted for PBC on SpikeTV [Friday Night Fights])

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Haymon, in all likelihood, wouldn't have guaranteed Rigondeaux any money, so I doubt that Rigondeaux would've been all that much on board with the move as an option (people, for whatever reason, seem to alway ignore that point).

Moises Flores is with Haymon, but don't ignore context here; his last PBC appearance was in 2015, as the 1st/2nd fight on a PBC on FS1 card (Toe-to-Toe Tuesday), with his last fight being 8 months after that and off of TV.

Haymon is unlikely to lean on Showtime/CBS for the fight, and I doubt that he'd even commit one of his bigger PBC stages for the fight.

The purse bid is coming, but I don't see Haymon thinking Rigondeaux-Flores is bigger than headlining it's own show for PBC on FS1, or simply being the chief support to the next Erislandy Lara fight (vs Andrade being something that Showtime would be interest in carry, with vs Castano/Soro likely targeted for PBC on SpikeTV [Friday Night Fights])
      Haymon doesnt guarantee ANYONE any money, so why would a guy who cant sell out the first 3 rows of an Elks Lodge be any different?

Comment

• Latest news on rigo is that hes still the best natural boxer in history and even with such a small amount of fights...recognised universal p4p no.1

Comment

Working...
        X