No announcement yet.

Early #GGGJacobs PPV Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
    at some point the diva talk of his value vs canelo turns into reality lets just be honest canelo is the A side by a pretty good amount. i think its time we quit giving team ggg a pass by calling gbp divas for wanting their fair share
    Of course he's the A Side, that doesn't excuse his diva actions like throwing the belt away over a 15 day negotiation period. Or giving up a belt because GGG didn't want to move 1 lb under 160.

I'm far from giving GGG a pass as this $15 mil offer, to me, was more than legit for them. They oversold themselves and it looks like it's coming back to bite them in the ass. How he got offered more than Chavez Jr who brings in a huge contingency of Mexican fans is still a head scratcher to me.

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Very true. I say $15 mil and 20% of the ppv is fair. You can't really take the $15 mil off the table cause like or not the dude won (technically).
    They better hope they get that sort of deal. You can take the offer off the table, IMO, if the numbers are as bad as they're looking. Especially if Canelo is wiling to bypass any of the belts and just offer him a fight. GBP isn't looking to compensate ggg well off his wins, ko percentage or how many belts he holds. They're probably looking to pay him on what he brings to the table economically. Which isn't really much when you sit back and look at the numbers that are being floated around

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      Of course he's the A Side, that doesn't excuse his diva actions like throwing the belt away over a 15 day negotiation period. Or giving up a belt because GGG didn't want to move 1 lb under 160.

I'm far from giving GGG a pass as this $15 mil offer, to me, was more than legit for them. They oversold themselves and it looks like it's coming back to bite them in the ass. How he got offered more than Chavez Jr who brings in a huge contingency of Mexican fans is still a head scratcher to me.

They better hope they get that sort of deal. You can take the offer off the table, IMO, if the numbers are as bad as they're looking. Especially if Canelo is wiling to bypass any of the belts and just offer him a fight. GBP isn't looking to compensate ggg well off his wins, ko percentage or how many belts he holds. They're probably looking to pay him on what he brings to the table economically. Which isn't really much when you sit back and look at the numbers that are being floated around
      No offense, but this is a horrible analysis. It's short sighted and tunnel visioned.

Whatever the PPV numbers are, Golovkin has established himself as a PPV fighter. Even if the actual buys are 130K, he'll still headline another PPV before he retires. Virtually nobody else outside of Canelo or Cotto can say that, thus he's one of the strongest B sides to Canelo.
      And do keep in mind that when Canelo fought an unknown fighter in Smith, his PPV did 300K according to Oscar. We're not comparing Lara and Floyd here.

Another issue for Canelo is his reputation. He's caught a lot of flac for ducking this fight for last year. That rep sticks with you and he needs to do something about it. Fighting an unknown, 10th ranked SWW or a joke of Chavez who just had a 10 round fight are not the ways you improve your reputation.

Lastly, for some reason it's very popular on NSB to dismiss unified champs. It happened with Wlad, and it's happening with Golovkin. Make no mistake about it - Golovkin putting all of his belts on the line is absolutely a huge part of this fight. If Canelo goes from 'most popular fighter today' to a unified MW champion, his standing in the boxing world will skyrocket. It's not a joke by any means, and it brings tremendous value.

It's the exact opposite if he doesn't do the Golovkin fight. If Canelo "moves up" to MW and doesn't fight Golovkin, he will forever be labeled as the guy who was the second fiddle in the division. He'll be a joke historically, and his popularity will keep going down.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        No offense, but this is a horrible analysis. It's short sighted and tunnel visioned.

Whatever the PPV numbers are, Golovkin has established himself as a PPV fighter. Even if the actual buys are 130K, he'll still headline another PPV before he retires. Virtually nobody else outside of Canelo or Cotto can say that, thus he's one of the strongest B sides to Canelo.
        And do keep in mind that when Canelo fought an unknown fighter in Smith, his PPV did 300K according to Oscar. We're not comparing Lara and Floyd here.

Another issue for Canelo is his reputation. He's caught a lot of flac for ducking this fight for last year. That rep sticks with you and he needs to do something about it. Fighting an unknown, 10th ranked SWW or a joke of Chavez who just had a 10 round fight are not the ways you improve your reputation.

Lastly, for some reason it's very popular on NSB to dismiss unified champs. It happened with Wlad, and it's happening with Golovkin. Make no mistake about it - Golovkin putting all of his belts on the line is absolutely a huge part of this fight. If Canelo goes from 'most popular fighter today' to a unified MW champion, his standing in the boxing world will skyrocket. It's not a joke by any means, and it brings tremendous value.

It's the exact opposite if he doesn't do the Golovkin fight. If Canelo "moves up" to MW and doesn't fight Golovkin, he will forever be labeled as the guy who was the second fiddle in the division. He'll be a joke historically, and his popularity will keep going down.
        No offense taken. I don't mind feedback or critique. Positive or negative. It's all good.

If the numbers are 97, 110, 130 or 250k then you aren't an established ppv fighter. At least I don't believe you are. GGG is fighting on ppv, then on HBO, back on ppv and his next fight in June, might be HBO. Who knows? An established PPV fighter would fight on PPV.

Reputation doesn't dictate the economics. Reputation gets fans off your side and trolling you. Reputation is something that can always be swayed from bad to good or vice versa. For as big of a joke that you think the Chavez Jr fight is, it's still the same guy that Golovkin and his team were trying to line up as one of his opponents.

Being unified, lineal or a paper champ has little merit when discussing a Canelo-GGG fight. Ginger gave up the belt, he says he doesn't care about them. So forget the belts, the status of being unified champ or even all the sanctioning fees that come with it. Canelo is deciding to set this up as just another fight. Which does not do any favors to GGG whatsoever. I think it's great if there's 1 champ w/ all the belts. I would love every division to be that simple. It isn't.

I understand your point w/ the belts. However, Canelo is a brand in North America. Far greater than the GGG brand. Hence the reason why he dropped the WBC strap to pursue other options. He probably cares very little about them. This fight isn't about belts, it's about Canelo vs GGG. What value does a belt bring if they aren't on the line?

I'm really not understanding your position on Canelo being labeled a joke or his popularity somewhat being damaged by not fighting Golovkin. What am I missing here? What, in your opinion, does Canelo have to do to make the fight with Gennady? Is $15 mil not trying?

What if his next PPV far exceeds GGG-Jacobs both at the gate and in PPV sales and he sends them an offer far less than $15 mil because the economics show that people actually pay to see Canelo more than GGG, would that be on Canelo if GGG declines a future offer as well?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          CBS/Showtime didn't pay for Thurman-Garcia, the time was bought. But your overall premise is right. I will say that Espinoza said he was interested in buying GGG-Jacobs but wouldn't pay more than $3m. He may have said $4m and I didn't hear right but I don't think so. Either way, wasn't worth that much to them.
          you're wrong. thurman-garcia was not a time buy.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
            you're wrong. thurman-garcia was not a time buy.
            You may be right. I trust my source but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
              Damn worse than the Lemieux fight, i wonder what the real number from Glasier is 79k?
              so he'll go from Mr. 97k to Mr. 79k?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

No offense but this is garbage as well. Chavez Jr. vs Alvarez has been talked about within the Mexican circuit since 2011. The difference was their weights and advisory. Back then JCC was still the bigger star and Chavez Jr. back then patronized team Alvarez.

So now you say Chave Jr. is a joke yet he's currently training 2000ft higher than Big Bear''s elevation under nacho beristain. Chavez Jr. chose Fonfara, the LHW at a catch. How many post under achievers want a top 5 from a higher division? Is Fonfara a joke for wanting Chavez Jr?

And what do you mean Alvarez chose a top 10 SWW? Smith? The 2 defense WBO holder ranked top 5 at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  0% ppv. The flat fee is fair for a 35 yr old w/ 130k and 90k in PPV fighting popular guys in their hometown
                  You are just ******ed. Cantnelo isn't pulling the ppv alone. His numbers with smith were 250k ggg are 150k that doesn't amount to flat fee. Keep hating azzhole

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    No offense but this is garbage as well. Chavez Jr. vs Alvarez has been talked about within the Mexican circuit since 2011. The difference was their weights and advisory. Back then JCC was still the bigger star and Chavez Jr. back then patronized team Alvarez.

So now you say Chave Jr. is a joke yet he's currently training 2000ft higher than Big Bear''s elevation under nacho beristain. Chavez Jr. chose Fonfara, the LHW at a catch. How many post under achievers want a top 5 from a higher division? Is Fonfara a joke for wanting Chavez Jr?

And what do you mean Alvarez chose a top 10 SWW? Smith? The 2 defense WBO holder ranked top 5 at the time?
                    Correct, it was talked about in 2011. Just like Golovkin vs. Chavez was talked about in 14-early 15, when he had momentum. Right now, Chavez has no momentum at all. He won a decision in a 10 round fight against someone noone ever heard of. Who the hell cares where Chavez is training? Is that the best that can be said about Chavez today? That he defied the odds and finally made SMW limit? I'm gonna watch their fight, but Chavez' reputation today is a huge joke.

As for Smith, he was the weakest SWW champion and was ranked at #10 by TBRB and by boxrec, rightuflly so. Smith has never beaten a top20 fighter in his division. Smith is currently out of Top10 per TBRB .

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Correct, it was talked about in 2011. Just like Golovkin vs. Chavez was talked about in 14-early 15, when he had momentum. Right now, Chavez has no momentum at all. He won a decision in a 10 round fight against someone noone ever heard of. Who the hell cares where Chavez is training? Is that the best that can be said about Chavez today? That he defied the odds and finally made SMW limit? I'm gonna watch their fight, but Chavez' reputation today is a huge joke.

As for Smith, he was the weakest SWW champion and was ranked at #10 by TBRB and by boxrec, rightuflly so. Smith has never beaten a top20 fighter in his division. Smith is currently out of Top10 per TBRB .
                      What are you talking about Chave Jr. had momentum in 14 to 15. Dude only fought Vera and Fonfara. Wasn't he blasted (pun intended) for rolling up in those times? Didn't people criticize Chavez Jr. regarding the Vera 1 bout? Why would Abel and Loeffler and Gennady want a guy being made fun of or in limbo from super middle to lhw?

Stop justifying ggg vs Chavez jr. as making more sense than Chavez Jr. Vs Nelo or saying Smith was the weakest....when not criticizing Brook or Wade...as if the IBF wouldnt instigate Murata over house arrest Wade.

Cmon bruh don't make this easy for discussion. You still think Cahvez Jr. in "momentum" as you state made financial sense as K2 publicized when spliffer was rocking Vera 2 to Fonfara but Alvarez Vs Cahvez jr. Doesnt make financial sense?

Comment

Working...
                      X