Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Explains Missing IBF's Second-Day Weigh-In for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeLorean View Post

cry me a damn river. you mofos are scrambling all over the place because GGG went to hell and back against an 8-1 underdog. and now Jacobs is somehow "elite" but was getting clowned cuz Mora dropped him.

if you are so serious about fighters weighing the same on fight night then explain why many people were pushing for 40 year old Floyd to fight GGG at 154? on fight night Floyd doesnt go higher than 151 and GGG woulda balloned to 170+. but that would've been totally fine right.

this is called full blown damage control. the very first step up in competition at age 35 and needed a gift. HBO went to work immediately saying he got old overnight.

keep the tears flowing.
    GGG isn't Mayweather. He isn't an outboxer but a stalker and it's much harder to stalk a bigger man. At the highest level even 1lbs is a lot which is why many fights don't happen. Weight advantages are enough to end careers as these boxers are strong enough to do that. There is a reason there are weight classes. To make things fairer, starting point of rehydration is similar but Jacobs became a ***** and took the upperhand.
    Come back to this forum when you learn a bit about boxing. Karma dealt with the cheat this time and hopefully all weight cheats will suffer a bitter end.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      Fury's situation isnt even remotely similar. Fury knew that the winner had a mando due next. He also knew that the IBF does not recognize rematch clauses. He opted to go for the rematch money instead of honoring the obligations he agreed to before the Klitschko fight even happened, so its got nothing to do with this situation.

Nice try at deflecting though.......

who cares ?

they completely mishandled that situation, and look like fools because of it

Jacobs was smart

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        so if the IBF sees that one of their Champions is participating in another sanctioning body's Championship bout, the IBF makes their Champion also defend it? It makes sense since that's how they make their revenue.

So basically Golovkin had to comply with the IBF's own rules or else it would become vacant, win or löse? Am I understanding the rules correctly?

If that's the case, Jacobs' has justified himself in saying that the IBF was on Golovkin's part. I don't see how this is Jacobs' fault.
        I'm just wondering, that if Jacobs stated before the weigh ins that he had no intentions of making the 170 lb next day weight. If the IBF would still have made GGG do it. It would be fair to not force him to make the weight. But they might of sued Jacobs. Maybe that is why Jacobs team did not mention it. But still kind of a cheap move on Jacobs part, knowing that GGG was going to do it, and not tell him. On the other hand, I don't think GGG goes up much past 170 on fight night anyway, so the whole thing is probably not as a big deal, that some people make it out to be. I thought that the fight went as I expected it to go. I had Jacobs as a 2 to 1 underdog, and that is pretty much how it went. I don't think GGG is slipping. In fact this fight was the best thing for him. He is only going to fight this level, and higher from now on, and he needs to get used to it. As for Jacobs. He also will get better from this, and will be a handful for anyone in this weight, including GGG, Canelo, Chavez, Saunders, and all MW's, or SMW's.

Comment

I would rather a sanctioning body actually follow their rules and maybe get stuck with a crappy champion once in awhile rather than they just play favorites and do whatever they want

and when it comes to attacks on women, Wade is a complete amateur compared to TBE. Good thing the WBC doesnt have a domestic violence prohibition or Floyds trophy case would be empty.....

i don't even think you believe that

you just prefer to support them because it benefits GGG

Comment

Jacobs was full of **** with that "6-7am" nonsense. I have personally attended many IBF 2nd day weigh-ins, and they NEVER were that early. What usually happens is the IBF rep will have a small conference room at the hotel, and when your fighter gets up and is ready to go get something to eat, you call them and the IBF rep meets you on your way to the hotel lobby. They have NEVER made the fighter get up early, and the truth is they would prefer that weigh-in take place as LATE in the day as possible, because the whole idea is that they dont want the fighter putting on a bunch of weight. But they offer to do it in the morning so the fighter can eat whatever he wants for breakfast / lunch without worrying about it.

now that being said, Jacobs was well within his rights to decline the 2nd weigh in. He did not cheat. He may have mis-represented his intentions all along, but so what. He can do that. But if he is claiming he did it because he didnt want to get up at 7am, then he is full of ****

actually I agree with that

good call

a fighter missing the IBF-ONLY, 2nd-day weighin, are no different whatsoever from fighters who refuse to pay the IBF sanctioning fee

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
              GGG isn't Mayweather. He isn't an outboxer but a stalker and it's much harder to stalk a bigger man. At the highest level even 1lbs is a lot which is why many fights don't happen. Weight advantages are enough to end careers as these boxers are strong enough to do that. There is a reason there are weight classes. To make things fairer, starting point of rehydration is similar but Jacobs became a ***** and took the upperhand.
              Come back to this forum when you learn a bit about boxing. Karma dealt with the cheat this time and hopefully all weight cheats will suffer a bitter end.

what happened to all that 168 talk ?

what happened to easily beating Ward Kova Stevenson?

if Golovkin struggled with Jacobs because of a couple of pounds, then he better stay the fk away from Andre Ward

if there is any truth in the bold, then all that talk of fighting Ward was insane/rubbish

if what you said is true, then Golovkin is nothing like he was made out to be

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                And you haters went from saying Jacobs was going to knock out ggg to ggg struggled with a chinny Jacobs. You can't have it both ways. You haters are worst than the golov turds but claim to be better. Now that is what's hilarious
                I never said that Cuckguy, I've always said Jacobs is B level. Even i one of Golovkins biggest critics was fooled into thinking he was better than he actually is.

Comment

• Counterargument to people nagging on about Jacob's weight. DJ killed himself to make 160, probably why his punches didn't have enough pop. GGG struggled with a drained Jacobs eh? It is silly to make a big deal about this issue. GGG is not the only man that has to fight bigger guys in his weight class. He made 160 that's what matters.

Comment

I would rather a sanctioning body actually follow their rules and maybe get stuck with a crappy champion once in awhile rather than they just play favorites and do whatever they want

and when it comes to attacks on women, Wade is a complete amateur compared to TBE. Good thing the WBC doesnt have a domestic violence prohibition or Floyds trophy case would be empty.....
                    That we can both agree upon. I usually don't care what a boxer does outside of the ring but hitting women is the most POS thing any man can do. There is ZERO excuses for hitting a female. I hear ppl all the time making excuses for these COWARDS.

Comment

• Anyone with critical thinking skills know I Jacobs juiced for the fight and wanted a 10 to 15 pound weight advantage . No I'm not doing VADA because they will discover I'm cheating nor will I weigh a second time. Well your plan back fired you still lost

Comment

Working...
                      X