Andre Ward with the truth!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Damn you a Ward interpreter lol.

But okay whatever...wtf are "they" supposed to sell? A guy sitting out for a couple years who b$tches & moans about damn near everything?

And hey fair enough to Andre speaking his mind &/or trying to rev up some sort of fan base (lovers & haters) with some of his recent comments, but this comment seems like nothing about nothing.
    Remember I posted that tweet from Shakur Stevenson talking about Mayweather and everybody said they didn't think he was talking about Mayweather and a cpl weeks later everybody agreed he was talking about Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      Meanwhile Kovalev calling him a coward on social media...he say anything about that?
      Why should Ward respond online when he can respond in the ring? Twitter fingers Kovalev needs to save the talking for the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
        I think the fact that people don't know how to score a fight very worrying
        In fairness boxing scoring is f#cking ******ed.

A high ranking if not the main guy (Mr. Bennett, not sure his actual title) for the NSAC said a couple weeks back he feels like no quality judge should score a round even. Thats f#cking stupid, in particular in early rounds where there is a fair amount of sizing up your opponent & little action.

But okay whatever no even rounds, but then is there a way to give a score for a guy who you barely think won a round vs a way to give a score for a guy who you think clearly won a round without a knockdown? Nope both are 10-9 rounds. Thats f#cking stupid too.

Its no wonder that there are so many nutty scorecards, despite the right guy usually winning, when the scoring system makes lil sense to a rational person.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          In fairness boxing scoring is f#cking ******ed.

A high ranking if not the main guy (Mr. Bennett, not sure his actual title) for the NSAC said a couple weeks back he feels like no quality judge should score a round even. Thats f#cking stupid, in particular in early rounds where there is a fair amount of sizing up your opponent & little action.

But okay whatever no even rounds, but then is there a way to give a score for a guy who you barely think won a round vs a way to give a score for a guy who you think clearly won a round without a knockdown? Nope both are 10-9 rounds. Thats f#cking stupid too.

Its no wonder that there are so many nutty scorecards, despite the right guy usually winning, when the scoring system makes lil sense to a rational person.
          For me, I think there is always a way to maybe turn a potential round that could be scored even into a 10-9 when you take intangibles into consideration like effective aggression, who's holding the centre of the ring, and even just who is busier even If he isn't landing at a high percentage.

I agree with you, there are far too many ways to score a fight, and most of the time it comes down to what the judge likes more which I don't think should be the case, we need a universal way to score rounds so we can bridge some consistency with how fights should be scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Remember I posted that tweet from Shakur Stevenson talking about Mayweather and everybody said they didn't think he was talking about Mayweather and a cpl weeks later everybody agreed he was talking about Mayweather?
            Are you on some ***** sh^t? Once you are proclaimed right by some people you can never be wrong again?

But like I said who cares if Ward is talking exactly like you are saying. What are "they" supposed to be selling? And why does Ward give a f#ck how they promote themselves or are promoted? This seems like a whatever comment that goes along with Ward's typical "woe is me" stance on his position in boxing which is largely self inflicted.

Comment

Andre Fraud...hmmm, he got his gift so needs to sit his ass down.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra;17520899[B
                ]If you're a middleweight and supposedly and ATG you don't fight welterweights[/B], bottom line. Like Roy said, if you want war you gotta go find it. When Ward and Roy couldn't find war they moved up. When GGG couldn't find war he fought a welterweight.
                Ah, but it was ok for Hopkins, Monzon, Hagler, Robinson, to fight welterweights but not GGG? You can't have it both ways.

Using that logic anyone who ever fought someone coming up in weight is not a legit ATG. Floyd fought Marquez when he was coming up two weight classes. Ali fought Bob Foster who was a Lt .heavy. Robinson fought Armstrong, Zivic and Angott. He also avoided the dangerous black fighters of his era like Burley, Holman Williams, Lloyd Marshall, Henry Hank.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
                  For me, I think there is always a way to maybe turn a potential round that could be scored even into a 10-9 when you take intangibles into consideration like effective aggression, who's holding the centre of the ring, and even just who is busier even If he isn't landing at a high percentage
                  Yea but like I mentioned then is there a way to distance scoring from a close round like you are saying vs a clear one sided, without a knockdown round? Thats a huge issue to me.

Randomly I've gone back & scored some controversial fights with a 10-9/close rd, 10-8/clear rd & 10-7/clear rd with a KD or dominate rd scoring system & most of those controversial decisions go the right way scoring that way.

Now if you can get judges thinking & scoring that way correctly is a solid debate to have, but I'd argue it'd be better than hoping for judges to make sense of a scoring system that makes no sense. This problem is so plain & easy to see I view it as clear a problem as when they used to score based only on rounds without any concern for knockdowns. I'm amazed more people don't talk about the flawed scoring system vs blaming it all on judges who got to operate in this flawed logic system.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Ah, but it was ok for Hopkins, Monzon, Hagler, Robinson, to fight welterweights but not GGG? You can't have it both ways.

Using that logic anyone who ever fought someone coming up in weight is not a legit ATG. Floyd fought Marquez when he was coming up two weight classes. Ali fought Bob Foster who was a Lt .heavy. Robinson fought Armstrong, Zivic and Angott. He also avoided the dangerous black fighters of his era like Burley, Holman Williams, Lloyd Marshall, Henry Hank.
                    Brook didn't move up in weight. It was a one off. His next fight is at welterweight. The others you mentioned actually moved up in weight. If you don't understand the difference then your smartphone is smarter than you are.

Comment

HBO selling fear and invincibility with Kovalev and GGG plus they think they can attract more White males with that marketing but Ward and Jacobs showed them up and shattered that facade.

Comment

Working...
                      X