No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had it 114-113 to GGG
    Mad respect to Danny.. he came in with the better game plan, if not for the KO I think he would have a draw as the best outcome.. Golovkin didn't press action against the ropes and Danny has got amazing speed.. warrants a rematch!

Comment

• There goes GGG ever moving up to fight Super Middleweights! At least any of the good ones.

K2 was VERY wise keeping Ward away from GGG. I always knew Ward would win that fight all day and everyday. But this just shows how easy it would of been for him...

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
        I didn't keep track, but I think 7-5 is the best you could give Danny, IMO.

8-4 seems about right, but I'd have to re-watch and score.
        7-5 is correct. A lot of British/Euro experts had Jacobs winning though.

Comment

• 7-5 seemed fair ...Trella must have had a even around somewhere with his odd score but this is probably the best thing that could have happened 2 GGG going 12...

Comment

• Just to remind everyone, the 4 criteria judges score on are
            - clean punching
            - effective aggressiveness
            - ring generalship
            - defence

Lots of talk about the punches thrown/landed, but on the defence side (punches landed/thrown %)

Total: Golovkin 37.6%, Jacobs 32.3%
            Jabs: Golovkin 29.5%, Jacobs 18.2%
            Power punches: Golovkin 48.6%, Jacobs 38.8%

To give Jacobs a majority of the rounds on the established scoring criteria, you have to really want to.

Comment

• Geegg won the fight im looking at it a second time im not sure what people are seeing that makes danny win by 2 rds... good fight tho but jacobs let geegg get off first too much he gave the fight away, he could have won too

Comment

• Originally posted by adotd View Post
                Robbery. Pretty shocking
                First ten posters are shocked !!

Danny Lost fair and square. You don't get point by running and surviving boys ! You gotta beat da man to take da title !

Many a tear ,,, shed in shock

Comment

• :
                  Originally posted by peplz View Post
                  Yeah this comment shows how much your opinion counts for.
                  You just used Floyd's 100 punches as proof he won the fight, yet you dismiss GGGs 60 punches and a knockdown that won him the fight.

Comment

• GGG won the fight on Jacobs home turf and had a Knock down

GGG won the fight fairly even though the fight was close so Jacobs has no reason to complain. The Jacobs knockdown turned the fight to GGG's favor in front of the judges and the home crowd. Great fight for all of boxing. 2 class acts and gentlemen.

Comment

• I was the right decision but very close. There needs to be a rematch sooner rather than later. Golovkin didn't look sharp at all. He wasnt cutting off the ring like he usually does. Jacobs may have had a lot to do with that but we'll know for sure if there is a rematch. Jacobs movement didn't look spectacular but Gennady had problems with it. One thing that has always bothered me about Golivkin's training is I never see him throwing quick combinations. Always power punches. Anyway cong**** to Jacobs for making a great effort and to Golovkin for winning a decision. I was doubtful that he could outbox Jacobs before the fight. There needs to be a rematch for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X