Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could have went either way , no robbery but i had jacobs winning by 1 or 2 points but i am not mad at decision

Comment

• Wow! That was an excellent fight.It was very close. Jacobs could have won, great win for Golovkin!

Comment

• Are people actually calling robbery?

It was a close fight and Jacobs did better then people were expecting and are jumping that claiming GGG was gifted.

You could argue Jacobs probably won 6 rounds but GGG had the KD, which was decisive for me. Very close fight but absolute no robbery. There should be a rematch but let GGG fight Canelo first.

Comment

• It cant be an "HBO" conspiracy when one of the judges is employed by Showtime. So that argument makes zero sense. Why would a guy set up the biggest money fight for his rival Network?
          GGG needed to go to the body more. Jacobs skipped his 2nd day weigh in for an advantage. Even with it he could not win, still got knocked down and never protested being knocked down. GGG did not look impressive but he did enough to win. I was surprised how much bigger jacobs looked than GGG. Good fight but to be the champ you have to take it and fo more than jacobs. GGG did not flinch from a single punch from jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
            Damn HBO had GGG winning? fu##ing ass lickers
            In the 11th round when they showed the scorecard it was 114 114.... i was like hows that?

Comment

• It was a tight fight, I had Golovkin 114/113. Too many rounds could've been awarded to either guy. Golovkin for the most part was doing alot of steady work with his jab and Jacobs was exploding with flashy combos intermittently.

There needs to be a rematch for sure. Golovkin will fight BJS and Canelo in June and September, then needs to get a redo with Danny. Meantime I'd like Jacobs/Lemieux.

And bet your ass for the Golovkin/Jacobs rematch there won't be no more 38 hour weigh-in. People who are saying it was no big deal would be screaming their lungs out if it was Golovkin who blew off the rehydration check while Jacobs honored it.

Comment

• is the world going crazy or everyone forgot - JACOBS CHEATED!!! Hello is cocobutter got into everyones brains. Boxing is no place for ***** cheaters like that. how the f you take a fight skipp the secondary weight in and expect to have efin' respect, wtf is gojng on this site

Comment

• Jacobs fought VERY well, and GGG was under par.

Good, close fight but the correct outcome.

If GGG knocked Jacobs out most here would call him a bum.

He took GGG over 12 tough rounds, but I don't believe he did enough to win a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    I understand how boxing scoring works very well. You misunderstood my point. You can bust up somebody really badly over 4 rounds including a knock down or two and still lose the other 8 rounds and lose the fight. My point is that I thought Jacobs landed more power punches when I wrote this 30 minutes after the fight. This morning's release of the Compubox stats confirmed my impression.

I agreed with both HBO-Letterman and NSB score cards that it was all to be settled on the last round, which Golovkin clearly won.
                    Then we are in agreement, i've seen all sorts of outlandish claims on here and all sorts of conspiracy theories so I assume by mistake you were going down that path too. my bad.

Comment

• Robbery? Swear we use that word to loosely! It was a good fight...i had it similar to ledderman....the last round was huge....as was was the 10-8 knockdown round....both going to ggg. But there were enough close rounds that it wouldn't have been a robbery if Jacobs got the decision either...there were a good amount of close rounds.

Imagine had Jacobs been the undefeated long time champ and ggg was the young underdog, would u have scored those close rounds the same?

Comment

Working...
                      X