No announcement yet.

As a fan of GGG I wouldn't be upset if Jacobs won Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    The kid seems like he's all class and he'd complete his journey from almost dying to being the king of the middleweight division. It would be a great story and I'd definitely root for the kid from there on out.

That said, I'd be shocked at the same time if it does happen because I think overall GGG is the better all around fighter at this point. I'm actually rooting for Jacobs to go the 12 and make it a great fight and not get hurt or KO like Stevens did.

Sometimes it stinks to not have a villain involved in the fight you can root against.
    Maybe it's just me but, on pure boxing ability, I don't see Golovkin outboxing Jacobs for 7 rounds in a 12 round fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I wouldn't mind it and Jacobs is a class act but I would have to leave this place forever because Chollo Vista and Kigali would never, ever shut up about it.
      God, those guys are obsessive. I'd say they're on the spectrum but honestly, they're both off the charts

Jacobs has a great story. I don't think this particular story will have a happy ending tho!

Comment

Agree with TS, Jacobs seems like a great guy in and out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I wouldn't mind it and Jacobs is a class act but I would have to leave this place forever because Chollo Vista and Kigali would never, ever shut up about it.
          Oops I meant to post this on this account.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
            God, those guys are obsessive. I'd say they're on the spectrum but honestly, they're both off the charts
            It's a good match up and a fight I'm excited for. Jacobs has a good story, good skills and consistently entertaining. It's just... **** those guys gotta shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              i wouldnt be upset but i wouldnt consider it much of an upset. jacobs is that good.
              I wouldn't consider it a big upset either. Even though the odds makers have it at 8 to 1 or something like that, I think that doesn't reflect accurately just how good Jacobs is. The odds should be very close for this fight.

Comment

Jacobs does seem like a really good guy. I'll be happy for him if he wins but I'll be disappointed to see what could have been for Golovkin. I don't want to see Jacobs hurt like Curtis Stevens was and I think there's a fair chance this fight can go the distance.

Oh, and I don't want Golovkin to get hurt either....but I want it to be a brutal fight.....WTF?
                Last edited by Damn Wicked; 03-14-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Maybe it's just me but, on pure boxing ability, I don't see Golovkin outboxing Jacobs for 7 rounds in a 12 round fight
                  I'm sure you're not the only one. I can see it, Jacobs hasn't shown any amazing skills that could fluster GGG but it could be super competitive if Jacobs chin holds up for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    It'll be only the 2nd time that I rooted for GGG's opponent. Danny has such a great story. I'd feel like a total dick rooting against a guy who came back from cancer and climbed the later to take a grab at the title. That's the kind of magic that makes boxing special and places it above team sports in my eyes. The personal journey.
                    Win, lose or draw I think if Jacobs doesn't get stopped it'll be a great accomplishment. His story would make a nice boxing movie, like the "Bleed For This" film about Vinny coming back from a car accident and facing Duran.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jsmooth9876;17503201]The kid seems like he's all class and he'd complete his journey from almost dying to being the king of the middleweight division. It would be a great story and I'd definitely root for the kid from there on out.

That said, I'd be shocked at the same time if it does happen because I think overall GGG is the better all around fighter at this point. I'm actually rooting for Jacobs to go the 12 and make it a great fight and not get hurt or KO like Stevens did.

Sometimes it stinks to not have a villain involved in the fight you can root against.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that can be tough. However, I think it can make you more objective. Either way, I'm hoping for a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X