Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about throwing a few $$$ Benjamins on Chavez Jr. Am I wasting my money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is pretty good...Jr is pretty crappy and that will not have changed. Send the money to me...I will put it to good use.

Comment

There is a chance. Before he lost to Martinez he still had wins against Lee, Manfredo and Rubio. And in each fight the deciding factor was size. He just outsized and bullied them.

Canelo has good counterpunching skills, but is rather flat footed, so he will get into exchanges with Chavez. Deciding factor if Canelos punches can hurt Chavez, if not, he will be in for a long night.

Chavez was never great, but a motivated Chavez is significantly better than the lazy Chavez we've seen in the last fight.

Comment

I think Canelo is close to a sure thing to win easily. He has way to much speed,skill and determination for Chavez. If you believe Chavez will win then bet on him. If you believe Canelo will most likely win but Chavez is a live underdog and you like the odds then don't bet on Chavez. Always bet on the boxer you believe will win the fight or don't bet at all. If Canelo wins and you lose your money the fact that the odds were good won't make loss any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          even jr didnt want to bet on himself
          This is all you need to know...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Black View Post
            Chavez is +500 on bovada. Thinking about putting some cash at Chavez Jr. I think Chavez jr will be motivated because there is Mexican pride on the line and Chavez jr is the bigger man, I think Chavez Jr can make Canelo get into a slugfest we all know Chavez Jr will be at 180+ pounds on fight night. My only concern how drained he will be at the 164 catchweight. What you guys think? Is it worth throwing a few hundred at Chavez jr?
            It all depends on the odds. At certain odds this is a good bet. But you have to remember a couple of things:

Chavez will probably not win a decision. So in essence he probably needs a few knock downs at least.

Junior has to be able to press his size. he has to not back off from Canelo's punch. This is important because with margarito who came up for discussion, one can KNOW with certainty that the other guy will get chased.

With that said, Junior could knock Canello down, or even out. If i was betting on this I would hedge with a canello decision and bet on a stoppage if I thought junior looked good.

Comment

It all depends on if Chavez cuts down to weight well or not.

Chavez is significantly bigger than canelo. And at the end if the day canelo is a pretty flat footed fighter who wins with power.

If Chavez's natural size allows him to take canalos punch, who knows.

But than again, Chavez is a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                This is all you need to know...
                im sure his daddy was saying~
                ''boy, is you stupid ?!?!?!?''

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                  Nelo gunna knock Chavez the fxck out
                  Body shot him to death
                  Canelito ain't knocking out ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Putting $50 on Jacobs & Chavez isn't wasting money. Jacobs is the best bet right now because he's +575. Those are great odds for a guy who can crack like him. I got $60 on him at those odds.

The Chavez situation is unknown but with those odds putting $50 on him is a good bet.

You don't have to risk a lot to win a lot. I would also take the under on the GGG Jacobs fight off it's 8.5
                    I might put 50 bucks on jacobs and wait until the weigh in on the chavez jr fight. Wanna see how dry he looks.

Comment

It is not a stupid bet. I will be putting something on Jr as well..

Not Jacobs though.

Comment

Working...
                      X