No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Hunts For New Opponent, Barrera Bails From Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
    barrera wont fight at all this year if he keeps pricing himself out.
    Pricing yourself out? when your only going to be making like 20k after the promoter and trainer is paid ? HAHA

Comment

So this report is "By Team Beterbiev ".

Judge and Jury!!

Thanks for the laugh

Comment

I was looking forward to this fight, and I think Barrera would have exposed a lot of weakness's in Beterbiev's Boxing ability, especially in Miami Barrera probably would have outboxed him, is the more proven pro and is the better technician also, Beterbiev does almost more wrestling than boxing in all his fights amateur and pro, if you can avoid fighting in there with him you have a good chance of outboxing him

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Barrera was getting scammed right from the beginning. I am not sure what in the hell is going on at Main Events but something is not right.
          Main Events was never going bid much for this fight. They probably couldn't get HBO even interested. Michel has Canadian money and knows he can sell it to Showtime. He probably underbid knowing ME wouldn't put up much, and plans on pocketing the extra that comes in.

Comment

It's not so much the $62k but that purse would triple with a win and a shot at Stevenson or Kovalev. That's how boxing works.

Comment

There's no question Barrera would have taken the fight especially in Miami, and beterbiev also probably would fight anyone, it's pretty clear DUVA handled this completely wrong, i don't blame barrera at all

Comment

No Reason? He just bailed? That is WEAK and I like Sullivan but WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Barrera was getting scammed right from the beginning. I am not sure what in the hell is going on at Main Events but something is not right.
                  how he was he scammed? barrera is literally worth nothing he should have taken this fight plus it was an eliminator for the ibf title winning it leads to a much bigger payday. salido took 50k against vargas and that was a title fight on hbo.

Comment

Fight ****kenson!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLazcan View Post
                      There's no question Barrera would have taken the fight especially in Miami, and beterbiev also probably would fight anyone, it's pretty clear DUVA handled this completely wrong, i don't blame barrera at all
                      how is it clear its duva's fault? barrera is the one who backed out.

Comment

Working...
                      X