No announcement yet.

Why would anybody sign with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
    Why are you even bringing SMS up at all?

This has to do with the present and future... PBC, compared to PPV crazy Arum who has no options for his fighters now or in the near future.
    Haha I see a conversation with you is difficult. So god bless man.

Comment

easy money why you think bradley and crawford are happy and dont even think about moving?

Only those who wanted to challenge themselves leave arum, oscar, floyd, mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Hopefully Top Rank can get their own TV Deal with another Network like GBP got with ESPN that would help so that they don't have to do these BS PPV's that nobody will buy
        GBP didn't get on ESPN. They got on ESPN2.

And they got on ESPN2 because they're giving the shows to ESPN2 for free.

If Top Rank wanted to give their shows to ESPN2 for free, they could. But how much would that help their situation?

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
          easy money why you think bradley and crawford are happy and dont even think about moving?

Only those who wanted to challenge themselves leave arum, oscar, floyd, mikey.
          That's not what's been circulating. Seems like Crawford and Bradley realize that without a Pac fight Top Rank literally has nothing for them.

PBC is on fire!

Comment

Matchroom

Comment

That's not what's been circulating. Seems like Crawford and Bradley realize that without a Pac fight Top Rank literally has nothing for them.

PBC is on fire!
              doesnt matter they still get paid their normal rate, bradley that 6million and crawford im not sure about.

Comment

PBC is on fire!
                Crawford has been getting an average of $1.5 M fighting the likes of Lundy, Molina, Jean, etc. He got the same amount Thurman got fighting Porter and Garcia each, plus PPV upside when he fought Postol. You're lying to your teeth doe. PBC is now only dependent on Showtime money doe.

Mikey got $700K for his last two fights, which is less than what he's been getting when he was a TR fighter per fight. $700K for 2 fights. Yuk!
                Last edited by al-Xander; 03-08-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Posted this in another thread, but it seems to apply here as well...

Steve Kim has a new article up with Arum saying that he has something in the works.

No details yet, but Arum says he has "a plan" and "announcements" will be made...at the same time talking about the limits of premium networks....so it would seem that Top Rank is trying to come up with something outside of HBO.

“I’ve been in boxing – this is 51 years – and I tell you this: That the next 10 years will be the biggest for boxing during my entire connection with the sport,” said Arum, who’s still very spry in his mid-80s. “I’m not going to get into it but I’m telling you – when the announcements are made, you’ll understand.”
                  Well, I have a plan but I’m not able to reveal the plan,” Arum hinted.
                  Kim speculates what that could be....

While he didn’t want to get into details over what Top Rank has in store, logic would dictate that it would involve modern technology, namely the ability to stream content over such devices as mobile phones and tablets. There is more and more cord-cutting taking place with cable/satellite television and how people are now watching television is evolving.
                  “I mean, you can blame somebody else but you’ve got to blame yourself. See, I remember when fighters were much more relevant, when they were performing on a regular basis on over-the-air networks and, then HBO came along and offered us twice the money – or sometimes more – to go to premium networks and over-the-air networks found that the premium networks were getting all the good fights. So they dropped out because they weren’t getting good fights and it was our fault because we didn’t have the foresight to realize that, by going to the premium networks, we were limiting our market.”
                  Also exposure because an over-the-air network like CBS had a hundred million homes and an HBO had barely thirty million,” pointed out Arum, who, for years, has promoted pay-per-view cards such as “Latin Fury” and “Pinoy Power” to fill in the gaps when an HBO or Showtime did not have the desire or budget for his fights.
                  Over the last couple of years, Golden Boy Promotions has begun to stream fight cards and has its own in-house production crew to create content that is pushed on various social media platforms and YouTube (which is also now being utilized to stream cards live).
                  I know what we have to do and what we’re doing. We’re doing a feature now on Shakur and I really believe, within three or four months, the whole future of boxing will change appreciably,” stated Arum, on Friday. “And part of that is the necessity to take your athletes and have people understand who they are, so they can identify with (them). If you have faceless guys, nobody can identify with them.”
                  http://ucnlive.com/bob-arum-bullish-future-boxing/

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Hopefully Top Rank can get their own TV Deal with another Network like GBP got with ESPN that would help so that they don't have to do these BS PPV's that nobody will buy

That being said Bob Arum still the best Promoter in boxing as far as building stars from the ground up
                    The roster of Golden Boy Promotions is at a different stage than Top Rank's...outside of Canelo, it's not that as developed.

The ESPN2 deal may work for them because it will build up their fighters that can't get on HBO or Canelo undercards.

But while Top Rank needs a TV and/or streaming deal, I don't know that the GBP/ESPN2 deal is the model, because it's not going to make GBP much money.

Top Rank needs an outlet that will pay them and keep their fighters active.
                    Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-08-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

And Bradley's last fight was.... ?

And his next fight is.... ?

We are living in the now while the Top Rank zombie supporters are living in years past lol

Comment

Working...
                      X