• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
    What can Top Rank offer right now?

Nothing but shettay little PPVs?

That's were Mikey would be
    When A company has a track record like top tank it would be silly to dismiss them completely. They may be a dinosaur, but as long as they are in business they are a threat and have proved it time and time again. As a boxing fan, if I had to pic a company to only watch their boxing, it's PBC hands down. As a fighter signing with a promotion I would have a lot to consider and the choice wouldn't be so easy. Could you have imagined signing with SMS?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
      When A company has a track record like top tank it would be silly to dismiss them completely. They may be a dinosaur, but as long as they are in business they are a threat and have proved it time and time again. As a boxing fan, if I had to pic a company to only watch their boxing, it's PBC hands down. As a fighter signing with a promotion I would have a lot to consider and the choice wouldn't be so easy. Could you have imagined signing with SMS?
      Why are you even bringing SMS up at all?

This has to do with the present and future... PBC, compared to PPV crazy Arum who has no options for his fighters now or in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Mikey called out Crawford and Lomachenko recently. Two top TR guys. Just imagine if Mikey never left TR.
        Hahahaha! Who cares... Arum has nothing if HBO tells him to sit down and shut up.

Only thing he has is more little, non descript PPVs.

SAD

Comment

I'm not a fan of how Arum treats some of his fighters.

He seems to be losing some of his clout too. Had to laugh the way he was forced to settle with PBC under threat of his crooked dealings being exposed in discovery if it went to trial.

Comment

Hahahaha! Who cares... Arum has nothing if HBO tells him to sit down and shut up.

Only thing he has is more little, non descript PPVs.

SAD
            But.. but who's Mikey going to fight resembling a huge fight other than Loma and Terence?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              But.. but who's Mikey going to fight resembling a huge fight other than Loma and Terence?
              Why are you focusing on Mikey?

Thread is about NO reason to sign with Top Rank at all since they are obviously slaves to what HBO says... so limited.

Comment

you do know PBC and Top Rank are not the only 2 options right?

Comment

Why are you focusing on Mikey?

Thread is about NO reason to sign with Top Rank at all since they are obviously slaves to what HBO says... so limited.
                  But..but there's no evidence leaving TR is a good thing doe, if you are not Hoya or TBE. We have examples like Gamboa, Mikey, Chavez who had to accept a circus fight with Alvarez to get the kind of money that he should have gotten if he stayed with TR.

Truth is it's tough for fighters to start from scratch nowadays no matter which promotional company you sign with. PBC will put you on the shelf for years. TR and PBC are only focused on fighters with names already. Your best bet would be with GBP which just made a deal with ESPN to showcase their new talents.
                  Last edited by al-Xander; 03-08-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hopefully Top Rank can get their own TV Deal with another Network like GBP got with ESPN that would help so that they don't have to do these BS PPV's that nobody will buy

That being said Bob Arum still the best Promoter in boxing as far as building stars from the ground up
                    Last edited by sicko; 03-08-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
                      you do know PBC and Top Rank are not the only 2 options right?
                      And I do know that Top Ranks options are VERY limited now and in the future based on what we've seen the past 18 months from them

Comment

Working...
                      X