Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I Had No Choice but to Take April 22 Card to Pay-Per-View

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bad not worth to be pay per view
    good fight just not near paying for not a dime

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Seems like HBO only focuses on certain fighters from now on which is a shame. That card is absolutely not PPV worthy.. Ramirez vs a top guy would be nice to see, but vs Burask? WTF?
      HBO is done. They don't want boxing anymore. I said this last year and I'll say it again...They're going ALL-IN on UFC next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Because Bob is a dinosaur. He was dominant for so long because of the lack of competition. It was him and Don King at the top and King ruled the heavyweight division. Once the Heavyweight division started to stink, King was gone. Then Golden Boy came along and gave Top Rank a run for their money and had them on their heels before Oscar decided to play nice with Bob and fire Schaefer. Since then Golden Boy and Top Rank have done more business with PBC than they've done with each other. He's out of ideas. It's either HBO or PPV. A forward thinking person would've seen the eventual decline in PPV and invest in other ways to generate revenue....Oh, there was one person who saw that.
        Hit the nail on the head.

That one person has completely changed the perspective of both fighter and consumer. Making disbelievers into belivers now.

Comment

Why doesnt that ***head Arum tell us WHO the original opponents were????? Notice he doesnt say who they were!!! PBC and Showtime stomp the *** out of this card, with the exception of the Valdez/Mirriaga fight and that sure as hell isnt PPV worthy!

Comment

first off I wanna thank Al Haymon...

Comment

The writing is on the wall people. HBO is getting out of the business of boxing. The future is PBC and CBS(Showtime). I expect a CBS/PBC deal within the next year. Bob will be getting his "fees" from PBC just like the rest of the top promotional companies (Lou, TMT, TGB, Hearn, etc.) within 2-5 years.

I have no clue what the future holds for Golden Boy, but I'd imagine they can still make moves while Canelo is still fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                The writing is on the wall people. HBO is getting out of the business of boxing. The future is PBC and CBS(Showtime). I expect a CBS/PBC deal within the next year. Bob will be getting his "fees" from PBC just like the rest of the top promotional companies (Lou, TMT, TGB, Hearn, etc.) within 2-5 years.

I have no clue what the future holds for Golden Boy, but I'd imagine they can still make moves while Canelo is still fighting.
                GBP would be forced to go to Showtime. Takeover complete

Comment

Nobody is gonna buy this. It will do terrible PPV numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Why doesnt that ***head Arum tell us WHO the original opponents were????? Notice he doesnt say who they were!!! PBC and Showtime stomp the *** out of this card, with the exception of the Valdez/Mirriaga fight and that sure as hell isnt PPV worthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

HBO'S budget has definitely fallen HARD!

Wouldn't be surprised if they got slashed to less than $20 million annually. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X