Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Danny Garcia - UK Experts Give Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    Do brits have boxing experts :/
    first i heard of it
    Yeah we do. We also have Starbucks, McDonalds and more recently, nutri bullets. We also speak the same language as you guys- American. Weird I know!

We also have these little red books called 'passports' that let us go and visit other countries! Amazing what you can find when you realise there's a whole world out there. Who knew??

Comment

Danny is too flat footed and Thurman likes to get on his bike and box. For Danny to win he'll need to cut the ring off which I don't see him doing a good job of. Thurman is too smart to just stand in one spot and let Garcia get his shots off. I don't see another gift decision for Danny this time. I got Thurman.

Comment

Let's look at what Garcia did to Khan and Morales. Khan has a silicon jaw and Morales was a 60-7 overfed feather when Danny KO'd him. Maybe we shouldn't look at them.

Comment

I agree with Barry Jones prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
            Yeah we do. We also have Starbucks, McDonalds and more recently, nutri bullets. We also speak the same language as you guys- American. Weird I know!

We also have these little red books called 'passports' that let us go and visit other countries! Amazing what you can find when you realise there's a whole world out there. Who knew??
            I'm from Ireland rehab not America.

Go on so and tell me who their on that list is a "boxing expert"??

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              I'm a Brit so I'll chime in.

I don't get this "Danny always finds a way to win" BS. On the scorecards yes. In the ring no. IMO he lost against Herrera, of all people, and at best got lucky against Peterson. Peterson snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in that fight by running too much the first rounds. But he showed himself to be the better boxer AND fighter as Garcia was well and truly busted up after that fight.

On the other hand Thurman has looked poor against several lesser fighters but he looked very sharp against Porter, a Porter who is MUCH more athletic than Garcia and a better fighter than Garcia has fought at WW.

For me, all of these comments in favor of Garcia apply to the 140 Garcia. At 147 Garcia looks under-powered and far from elite.

Some of these guys saying that they are not sold on either Thurman of Garcia - well that resonates with me. But Thurman has looked better than Garcia at 147 and my only concern would be 1/ his mental state and out of ring discipline and 2/ whether he really is struggling to make 147 now. Regards 2/ - it's just speculation until I see him struggle at the scales.

I expect Thurman to out-box and out-land Garcia and win on pts coming away. Of course, Garcia has a puncher's chance.
              Yeah boxings too subjective so i dont go with "official" results. Thought Garcia clearly lost to hererra so even if he didnt get the L he lost in my eyes. No one can convince me that canelo won more than two rounds against mayweather and somehow one of the judges had it a draw and so many other bad decisions that happen.

I enjoy reading what you wrote and agreed with most of it.

Comment

my name should have been on that article. Nevertheless i will write it here now- Thurman late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Good stuff from across the pond. Garcia has a chance if he gets in One Times chest. Thurman is my guy but his inside game does not exist. If Danny can set up camp in there, it'll be all bad.
                  Agreed 100%. Plus Thurman doesn't react well at all to the body shots. And yes I know that no fighter likes them, but Thurman is weaker than most.

Comment

Manny Steward said it best... Garcia is good at everything. Maybe not great, but good enough at the basics to pull out all those W's.

Every time Danny gets counted out, he always pulls thru. Yes, Herrera beat him, but that's probably the only W he got that was undeserved. Fans say look what Thurman did to Porter. Difference between Porter and Garcia is a lot IMO. Porter STILL smothers his punches when he's in close. Danny on the other hand always has a good selection of punches, and has a good percentage of connects. Thurman is no bum, obviously, but he gives a bunch of holes for punches to get through. And if you watch closely, in the later rounds especially, those same holes seem to happen over and over. Danny will time those IMO and likely drop Thurman in the 2nd half of the fight. This will be both fighters toughest fight yet. Whoever wins will not have an easy night's work. But I pick Garcia by UD or late stoppage.

Comment

I'm edging Thurman simply because he's more active.

Comment

Working...
                      X