No announcement yet.

Would Wilder be a Prime Foreman's biggest kryptonite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    you're watching old school heavyweights face other old school heavyweights. so you're judging their "greatness" based on the speed/strength/nutrition/recovery/supplements/training/drugs/etc of their time.

but all of those things advance over 30-40 years. guys like wilder, joshua, etc would absolutely dominate the top heavyweights of 30-40 years ago. it's evolution baby.

via GIPHY

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      how would the best guards from 1948 have fared against michael jordan in 1988?

Comment

lol, wut? Prime Foreman KO's Wilder in the first round.

Comment

Fighters should be judged for their time. Humans evolve too quickly. Technology evolves too quickly. Nutrition evolves too quickly. Training techniques evolve too quickly.

Foreman would have NO CHANCE against Wilder. And that's not a knock against Foreman in any way. It's evolution baby.
          So by that measure, SRL would have little chance against most modern boxers? Really?

Comment

Why would wilder be anyone's kryptonite. Not really special in any area.

Potential future events aside, he's just a big sloppy guy who scooped a belt and defended it against guys we've never heard of. Question seems very random.
            Last edited by ////; 04-29-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

how would the best guards from 1948 have fared against michael jordan in 1988?

Comment

thank you for completely ignoring my question and proving once again that you're a cowardly troll. take care.

Comment

you're watching old school heavyweights face other old school heavyweights. so you're judging their "greatness" based on the speed/strength/nutrition/recovery/supplements/training/drugs/etc of their time.

but all of those things advance over 30-40 years. guys like wilder, joshua, etc would absolutely dominate the top heavyweights of 30-40 years ago. it's evolution baby.
                  I disagree with the evolution argument when it pertains to boxing.
                  Based off eye test, heavy weight boxers were much more skilled back in the day compared to the heavyweight boxers today. Even foreman, who was sometimes considered fundamentally flawed had better footwork than most boxers today. And dont get me started on defense.

Comment

thank you for completely ignoring my question and proving once again that you're a cowardly troll. take care.
                    Cant use basketball when the talent pool in basketball has grown immensely. Cant say the same about boxing.

Comment

Just watched Foreman vs Lyle. I think Wilder lays him out

Comment

Working...
                      X