No announcement yet.

Would Wilder be a Prime Foreman's biggest kryptonite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Foreman also had great timing to go with his power.

Wilder wouldn't last 4 rounds against Big George.
    I don't know. Wilder is a lot like Liston.

Comment

I love wilder, BUT COME ON MAN, WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING TS

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        I don't know. Wilder is a lot like Liston.
        Sheldon....Loose lips sink ships bru! THINK about the things that come out of your pie hole. Seriously. Liston fought fighters who were well trained and capable. Wilder has not fought competition yet. Liston was polished and could fight 3 minutes of each round for 12-15 rounds. Wilder cannot fight a whole round yet without serious lapses.

Wilder could develop some chops, I hope he does. but he has a lot of ground to make up given his age and experience. At the level he is fighting he can catch guys with a good shot and its great, I have seen some fabulous punches issued from the "bomb squader" but...at the next level? and the level above? guys like cat williams? where Night Train plied his trade? Not happening! Unless Deontay learns a lot quick...NFL quarterbacks have that kind of learning curve.
        Last edited by billeau2; 02-26-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Sheldon....Loose lips sink ships bru! THINK about the things that come out of your pie hole. Seriously. Liston fought fighters who were well trained and capable. Wilder has not fought competition yet. Liston was polished and could fight 3 minutes of each round for 12-15 rounds. Wilder cannot fight a whole round yet without serious lapses.

Wilder could develop some chops, I hope he does. but he has a lot of ground to make up given his age and experience. At the level he is fighting he can catch guys with a good shot and its great, I have seen some fabulous punches issued from the "bomb squader" but...at the next level? and the level above? guys like cat williams? where Night Train plied his trade? Not happening! Unless Deontay learns a lot quick...NFL quarterbacks have that kind of learning curve.
          There's levels to this

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
            Fighters should be judged for their time. Humans evolve too quickly. Technology evolves too quickly. Nutrition evolves too quickly. Training techniques evolve too quickly.

Foreman would have NO CHANCE against Wilder. And that's not a knock against Foreman in any way. It's evolution baby.

Comment

Just got done watching some old school heavyweight fights. Wilder doesnt stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                Just got done watching some old school heavyweight fights. Wilder doesnt stand a chance.
                you're watching old school heavyweights face other old school heavyweights. so you're judging their "greatness" based on the speed/strength/nutrition/recovery/supplements/training/drugs/etc of their time.

but all of those things advance over 30-40 years. guys like wilder, joshua, etc would absolutely dominate the top heavyweights of 30-40 years ago. it's evolution baby.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  Foreman wasn't chinny. By the 8th round he was completely spent.
                  wilder cracks harder than lyles though..would be interesting fight

Comment

Foreman was chinny? lol idiot

If you are using the Ali KO as an indicator of him having a bad chin, then you dont know sht about boxing.

It was fatigue that did him in.. not his chin.

Comment

lmao ive seen some ******ed threads but this might be the GOAT in that respect....

Comment

Working...
                      X