Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Pleads With Wilder To Start Fighting Better Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    But AJ is stepping up himself so it's not rich

He is literally stepping up to the #1 active guy in the division. So how is it rich to tell Wilder he needs to step up?

He's not saying he has a bad resume like you say. He says he needs to step up which he himself has signed to do.
    He hasn't stepped up yet. No difference at all from Wilder being signed to fight Povetkin.

Last sentence makes no sense because Wilder was signed to do the same thing.

If I have to explain why its rich that a guy with a garbage resume who has fought 1 top 10 guy is telling ankther fighter to up their competition then I'm not sure how I can make that easier.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 02-24-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Been a pro for half the time, half the fights and is 4 years younger and one victory away from having a better resume than Wilder, most would regard him as the better fighter between the 2. Has a huge following in his home nation and wants Wilder to fight better opponents so their future clash can be bigger.

What is rich about that?
      What's rich about it is a guy with a **** resume and 1 top 10 win is telling someone else to up their competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        What's rich about it is a guy with a **** resume and 1 top 10 win is telling someone else to up their competition.

Joshua is not much more than a kid in boxing terms, he has only been on the world stage for about 5 minutes..... and yet, he is signed to fight Klitschko next

that is a GREAT start !

exactly the way it should be

if anything, they pushed him too soon

but yea, I do agree with you..... the Povetkin situation is not Wilder's fault..... and Povetkin would have been a very good opponent

Comment

Yes now I am lost.

Lack of knowledge how? Wilder has on a number of occasions accused him of fighting bums...Ok? And your point is?

Joshua has fought "decent names"? He's world champion and his resume is crap with one fighter faced in the top 10. "Decent"

For the last time, I-dont-care-how-long-hes-been-a-pro. His resume is crap, fact. Simple as that. So with that fact in mind, it's rich for him to tell another fighter to up their comp.

I'm not comparing the two.
          Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Ah yes, not bad at all.

He's only a world champion with two defenses and has 1 win over a top 10 opponent (who wasn't even good anyway)

Here's me thinking you are supposed to fight top 10 guys when you are a contender.

That's rich....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            That's rich....
            What is?

Do you know what it means?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Joshua is not much more than a kid in boxing terms, he has only been on the world stage for about 5 minutes..... and yet, he is signed to fight Klitschko next

that is a GREAT start !

exactly the way it should be

if anything, they pushed him too soon

but yea, I do agree with you..... the Povetkin situation is not Wilder's fault..... and Povetkin would have been a very good opponent
              I don't agree he's a world champion with 2 defenses.

But hats off to Joshua for fighting Wlad. All I'm saying is as it stands his opponents are poor, that can't even be disputed so its hard to take it serious when he tells someone else to step up.

Comment

I don't agree he's a world champion with 2 defenses.

But hats off to Joshua for fighting Wlad. All I'm saying is as it stands his opponents are poor, that can't even be disputed so its hard to take it serious when he tells someone else to step up.
                He's a world champion in 18 fights and the fight he had before his world title win was a domestic fight for the british title..

But you dont agree that hes relatively new to the world scene?

Bore off you cu*t

Comment

• Not entirely Wilders fault. He's been signed to fight name guys. They just keep on failing drug tests, or getting injured, or just straight up duck. Worry about what's in front of you AJ.

Comment

• That's like twelve in one hand and a dozen in the other. AJ just fronting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
                      That's what alts like f*gali don't grasp. He genuinely thinks Deonkay has been defending his belt against better opposition, when in reality they've all been at the same level. The difference is - take away both of their paper belts here - is that one has been a pro for three years while the other has been one for over eight.
                      That's fair

Comment

Working...
                      X