Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury On Verge of Losing Parker Shot, Must Sign Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    Fisheye Warren still calls the shots for these guys not sure if it is because of their connection with boxnation or something else.. He put in a bid but Duco outbid him.. Hennessey I recon is a co-promoter..
    Yeah Hennessey doesnt have the cash behind him for the purse bids. Frank puts up the money on the agreement that fury's fights go to Boxnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      NZ visa restrictions are pretty standard and similar to most other countries.

So Hughie wont be fighting anyone outside of England. Why even participate in a global sport if that is the case.

This is a really pathetic excuse from Fury camp
      Don't comment unless you have done your homework, NZ has some of the strictest immigration rules in the World, Mike Tyson did a world speaking tour... Was not allowed to enter NZ though, there are multiple instances of how immigration NZ have not allowed known felons to enter the country.
      Dave Higgins of Duco Events the promoters of Parker have been trying to get a pre approval visa for Peter (I don't know the current status of this application) I can only assume that Hughie is delaying signing until the application has been approved.
      You are not going to go into the most important fight of your life without the person who has been there throughout your whole career, in Hughies case his whole life

Comment

He can not sign the contract to fight, he's currently banned ! Dude has a gagging order on the press enforced by a British QC, Tyson Fury is also banned.

Comment

The visa issues are simple, if you've served over 12 months within the last 12 or 15 years I can't recall right now you're excluded.

They may very well get a waiver which I highly doubt but from what I've read elsewhere the Fury's are actually serving a ban as we speak, high court gagging orders are in effect and the whole bs with Fists of Fluff being medically unfit is just a ruse so he's not sued for breach of contract by Klitscho.

Comment

come on hughie man, sign the contract...

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              The Furys are promoted by Mick Hennessy
              Duco Events submitted an insured purse of $3,011,000, where Parker will receive $ 1,806,600.00 (60%) and Fury will get $ 1,204,400 (40%). The minimum bid accepted was $1,000,000.00 (one million dollars). Duco co-promotes Parker with Top Rank." Fury is handled by Frank Warren"

From the same article posted in this thread.

Comment

UKAD proceedings started a couple of weeks ago. Looks like Hughie is still banned until they come to a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                  He can not sign the contract to fight, he's currently banned ! Dude has a gagging order on the press enforced by a British QC, Tyson Fury is also banned.
                  So why waste everyone time with the purse bid? Am sure the sanctioning body would be or should be one of the people to consult. The sanctioning body would then not need to sanction a purse bid or not worried about a contract not been signed after a purse bid has been sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    UKAD proceedings started a couple of weeks ago. Looks like Hughie is still banned until they come to a decision.
                    Ban for what? Was he too caught with something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Ban for what? Was he too caught with something?
                      Both he and Tyson got popped for Nandrolone at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X