Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Pretend That Wilder Wasn't Signed to Fight the #2 HW in The World.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    And after he knocked out Molina, Joshua chose to defend against him.

It's just an obvious double standard. If you're with Haymon, NSB ****s on you.

Even though Wilder has the best win of any heavyweight champion, is the longest reigning champion, holds the title with the longest unbroken lineage, etc.

I don't see a bunch of threads bashing Joshua and Parker, even though neither has a better win than Wilder. So strange.
    Eh wtf are you talking about? eric molina was knocked out by arreola in 2012. arreola had lost multiple times after that fight and before he fought Wilder.

Arreola should have lost to Fred Kassi and Kaufman in the fights he had before Wilder on top of his two losses to Stiverne. Absolutely no excuse for that piss poor fight to take place.

Haymon Who gives a shyt? I certainly don't.

Joshua and Parker are novices in the fight game with only a handful of fights. Wilder has nearly 40 fights AJ is scheduled to fight Klitschko and Parker is scheduled to fight Hughie Fury - A fight that ****s on any defense Wilder has had.

Yeah he's the longest reigning champ. Is that supposed to impress anyone when he fought nothing but bums?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      So why again was he pressed to take a short notice fight?

I'm still baffled anyone would think that that date was the only possible date for Wilder. Clearly, he should have chosen a date in September, given himself a break, fight a real fighter with genuine promotion and maybe he would have avoided injury as well.

But for some odd reason, he chose to fight less than two months after the first scheduled bout and then conveniently fights a completely fat and out of shape arreola who hadn't done anything for years
      Because he just finished a grueling training camp and was in peak fighting condition. He needed to get in the ring soon instead of going stale and having to go through another grueling 8 week camp for another top heavyweight contender.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        you have to be a complete idiot to think a fighter gets in their with a top guy after two surgeries.....on the same arm...

use common sense

after this fight he'll be in their with someone with a belt or top guy...mark my words
        Hey, Wilder said he would himself. Is it completely idiotic to hold someone to a standard he set for himself? That's an odd one.

Yeah Wilder will fight a top guy... I've heard that for the last 5 years. yet to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          He was signed to fight him and that was a good thing. It's wasn't his fault the fight didn't happen. The bad thing is he went right back to defending his title against unworthy challengers when he could have fought better heavyweights.
          you mean guys like molina? who he knocked out and then joshua defended against wilder's left overs?

y'all just need to admit and acknowledge the double standard.

wilder is the only heavyweight champion getting trashed here, even though he has the best resume. where is the logic?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Because he just finished a grueling training camp and was in peak fighting condition. He needed to get in the ring soon instead of going stale and having to go through another grueling 8 week camp for another top heavyweight contender.
            That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

If that was the case he would have fought a week after, not 2 months
            Also, "I don't go to camp to get in shape. I put shape on top of shape".

You can make all the excuses you want for that piss poor match up that had no business to be fought for the green belt, but there's no legitimate excuse for it happening.

It was a complete cherry pick - Exactly what Wilder has been doing his whole career. They say "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". But you've been fooled 10 times now and still believe the excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
              you mean guys like molina? who he knocked out and then joshua defended against wilder's left overs?

y'all just need to admit and acknowledge the double standard.

wilder is the only heavyweight champion getting trashed here, even though he has the best resume. where is the logic?
              Joshua has beaten Brezeale, Whyte, Molina, Martin, Johnson and is about to fight Klitschko.

He has 18 fights.

In what world does his resume not stack up to Wilders?

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                American fighters as a whole are held to a higher standard.. not because of skin color and certainly not just the Haymon fighters.

You guys ask a higher standard of them through patriotism, which is the same as us in the UK or mexico with our respective athletes etc etc, and we hold americans to a higher standard because your athletes tend to shout a little louder than others, and your fanbase blows more smoke up more arse holes than other countries.

No-one holds an athlete from the states to a higher standard, based purely because they're black haymon fighters.... maybe apart from freedom.
                really?

you do realize for the past few decades every top p4p fighter was American

we are held to a higher standard because we dominated the sport for so long except in the lil divisions below 126.......there was a black heavyweight champ 50 years straight most if not all were American.....p4p number 1 are usually american and half if not more of the top ten at certain times are American.

you might not like it but the standard is there because of previous success

other countries have had their share of loud mouths.....Hamed, McGregor, Froch, etc..its more to do with our accomplishments in the ring than the way we act outside bro

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

If that was the case he would have fought a week after, not 2 months
                  Yeah because you can schedule a TV date and promote a new fight, with a new opponent in a new venue in 1 ****ing week.

Stop wasting my time and learn how this sport works.

Comment

2nd best in the world You are talking about the midget who wlad knocked down about 100 times in there fight, right???

Comment

The poll options are seriously pathetic

Beginning to think this dude is trolling.
                      Last edited by LacedUp; 02-22-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X