Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Pretend That Wilder Wasn't Signed to Fight the #2 HW in The World.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Wilder and AJ's resumes are about equal, I would say, but AJ has far less experience than Wilder.

Wilder's best win is Stiverne. The same Stiverne who lucked out by getting a WBC title shot for beating an overweight, punched out Arreola ... then won the title by beating that same overweight, punched out journeyman for a second time!

I would class Brezeale and possibly Martin as both at least as good as Stiverne. And Joe Parker has beaten Andy Ruiz, who I would say is better than anybody Wilder has been in with.

I don't blame Wilder for the Povetkin fight not happening though, and I happen to think that Washington is an acceptable opponent for a champion coming back from quite major arm and hand surgery.
    At least Bermane Stiverne and Deontay beat a top ten opponent for a title oh yeah I forgot Tyson Fury possibly under PEDs barely knicked a win over old Klitsckho. Let see was Charles Martin top ten ( Juice ) ? was Andy Ruiz a top ten ( Parker )? NO...it seems anything related to Wilder is trash in your eyes...and you talk about Arreola being punch drunk like four years ago?! I seen two good HW scraps I dont know what you been watching -- if that.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      I'll give him props if he fights someone properly ranked after this fight because of his injury.

Dillian Whyte or Luis Ortiz or a uni, thats it.
      Good luck with that happening, buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
        The WBC is, by far, the most prestigious heavyweight title. The WBO is, by far, the least prestigious heavyweight title. Stiverne managed to win the top title. Ruiz failed in his bid to win the bottom title. There's no logical reason to believe Ruiz is deserving of more credit than Stiverne earned at his peak.
        The WBC title has lost its rep over the past couple of years. Stiverne managed to win the title when it was vacant against a guy that he already beat a year before in Arreola.

As far as I'm concerned, the WBC title and WBO title are even currently.

Comment

• Dude has had the belt 26 months yet has yet to face an opponent worthwhile. He could have took a tough fight durin any of that time, the question is why won't he ? Forget Povetkin.

What happens when Ortiz is mandated and a Russian super freak don't put down an excessive amount does he go through with it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
            The WBC title has lost its rep over the past couple of years. Stiverne managed to win the title when it was vacant against a guy that he already beat a year before in Arreola.

Thank you for telling us your concern. The facts show us though that you are completely wrong.

The most recent WBO heavyweight purse bid went for $3 million.

The most recent WBC heavyweight purse bid went for $7.15 million. The WBC heavyweight title has always and will always be more valuable than the WBO heavyweight title. It's not even close. The fact that you think they are even shows that you don't know **** about boxing.

Hell, the most recent purse bid for the ****INTERIM**** WBC heavyweight title went for $3.165 million. So even the INTERIM WBC belt is worth more than the WBO belt.

You're a fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              Dude has had the belt 26 months yet has yet to face an opponent worthwhile. He could have took a tough fight durin any of that time, the question is why won't he ? Forget Povetkin.
              First of all, you're lying about how long he's had the belt. Second of all, his defenses have been just as strong as any other current heavyweight champion. So you picking on Wilder is a #doublestandard.

Just because you say "forget Povetkin" doesn't mean we should. Why should we forget facts, logic and reason? Wilder has been champion 2 years. During that time, he agreed to fight the #1 fighter in enemy territory. Not his fault he cheated. In that time, he's had numerous injuries.

And yet he's still managed to schedule several defenses against top 20 guys in the IBO computerized rankings. Not his fault the top guys are fighting for other organizations. If they viewed Wilder as easy pickings, they'd be lining up to fight him. It's common sense.

What happens when Ortiz is mandated and a Russian super freak don't put down an excessive amount does he go through with it ?
              If he's mandated to fight Ortiz, he'll fight Ortiz. Wilder hasn't ducked anybody and is currently negotiating a unification fight for the Summer. If he didn't duck Povetkin after losing the purse bid, when he could have easily ditched the belt and fought Martin for the IBF, he's not going to duck anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by original zero View Post
                Thank you for your opinion, but it still doesn't make sense to trash Wilder's resume over the others when the consensus is that Stiverne is a better win. Stiverne was TBRB #3 when Wilder beat him. Ruiz was unranked when Parker beat him.

The random opinion of some random dude on the internet about the skill level of Ruiz should not trump the consensus of the world's leading experts.

The WBC is, by far, the most prestigious heavyweight title. The WBO is, by far, the least prestigious heavyweight title. Stiverne managed to win the top title. Ruiz failed in his bid to win the bottom title. There's no logical reason to believe Ruiz is deserving of more credit than Stiverne earned at his peak.
                Stiverne got his WBC title, and his high ranking, for beating Arreola twice.

Seriously mate, winning the WBC title by beating Arreola is all Stiverne has ever done!

Arreola turned out to be shot to hell, and was never all that good anyway, tbh.

Just tell me what you think Stiverne has done to justify the way you're hyping him here?
                Last edited by kafkod; 02-24-2017, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Stiverne got his WBC title, and his high ranking, for beating Arreola twice.

Seriously mate, winning the WBC title by beating Arreola is all Stiverne has ever done!

Arreola turned out to be shot to hell, and was never all that good anyway, tbh.

Just tell me what you think Stiverne has done to justify the way you're hyping him here?
                  I'm not hyping anything. Just stating facts. Stiverne was #3 TBRB when Wilder beat him. Ruiz was unranked when Parker beat him.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with the world's leading experts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post

WBC seems to be the best belt to have if you're not in a hurry to face any challenges.... look at Stevenson and Wilder for example.

Comment

• Wow the poll is neck and neck. This is really providing clarity on this topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X