Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    .....what does religion have to do with this topic?

anyway....the fight will happen just like idiot posters pre-fight 1 were saying "andrea coward will fake an injury, he need 3 more tune ups doe, he will run, he will hug the whole time, fight wont happen"

it did go on and ward won.....its a lot of butthurt from the same posters in this thread

is this the first time you guys ever heard a fighter consider retirement? come on guys.....the timing is off, and he is write, he doesnt have to fight....he is 20+ years in.....who wouldnt be contemplating the conclusion

i just dont see 2017 ending without this fight happening...but their are a fairshare of those who hopes he retires...which is weird considering how adamant they are about fight 1 being a robbery lol....their is a big difference. they just want something to criticize the guy about...ray charles can see through them
    It has everything to do with his character, as I was relating it to how he is acting and what he has said in the media about not being appreciated.

As I said in my previous post, he mentioned nothing of retiring before the Kovalev fight. In fact he was saying the opposite. Now all of a sudden he wins the fight and doesn't get the praise he was expecting and he's talking about retiring? It doesn't add up at all. Even to his fans, does he think saying crap like that is supposed to get people behind him? If he is contemplating retirement then good, go ahead and retire. He didn't even have to mention that crap to fans. He's acting as if people are supposed to beg him to stay in. Just fight and get on with it or go away. The fight was in November, he talked about being more active, here it is the end of February and he isn't even thinking about fighting.

Comment

• Pathetic. Ward needs to man up and give Kovalev a rematch. He knows he lost a fight and doesnt want no rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        speaking of revising...kov won or at least should have won round 9, 10, and 12 and 11 could have gone either way. he faded late....really? just cause a lot of people say it doesnt make it true. he still landed the much better punches in those rounds.
        In relative terms he did. Compared to how he started...he faded a bit, probably from the excessive wrestling. I didn't say he lost all those rounds either, it was more a case of the fight becoming more competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
          You said it! Never seen someone quote his own quotes like that?? It's pretty strange...Andre Ward is a crying little whiner, give the belts back and retire, good riddance, shows no humility whatsoever just predictable crying and whining so boring in the ring too. I guess last Nov.19 was his greatest achievement 1 question for all his ball lickers which 7 rounds did he win?
          ward won 7 out of the last 2 rounds

Comment

speaking of revising...kov won or at least should have won round 9, 10, and 12 and 11 could have gone either way. he faded late....really? just cause a lot of people say it doesnt make it true. he still landed the much better punches in those rounds.
            Daggum, didn't Kov himself say he tired late? Additionally, most of the post fight analysis, even those that had kov winning, talk about his need to improve his stamina in the rematch?

I get you had Kov winning, as did I, but stop acting like this wasn't a close fight. even those that had kov winning had him by a slim margin.

Comment

it wasn't close though. i could understand in the heat of the moment thinking it was closer than it actually was but when you review it...yeah if you give every somewhat close round to ward i can see 5 rounds. 3,5,7,8,11. the others...no they just werent close. kov not only landed more but had the higher quality punches. that should be a round in the bank every time. when you win 3 out of the last 4 rounds clearly...how did you fade?

kov landed more in the 9th and landed 4 out of 5 of the best punches in the round. round 10 was a demolition. round 11 a swing roudn. round 12 he landed more and had ward hurt although ward landed some good shots himself. still thats a ko round. where is the fading???
              keep fighting the good fight

your dexterity is admirable

its been 3 months now....if they dont believe you now, they never will

I watched the fight in its entirety at least 7 times and each time i scored it, it was decided by 3 points or less....thats the illustration of a close fight

just because you want to see a guy lose and he doesnt, doesnt mean its a robbery....i know it sucks, just dont be emotionally invested in the outcome of a boxing match

want to see a robbery? this is a robbery bro...

^^^this is a robbery

just because you dont like the decision doesnt mean it was a robbery....if kovalev won and got the decision i'd feel the same, fight was close

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Daggum, didn't Kov himself say he tired late? Additionally, most of the post fight analysis, even those that had kov winning, talk about his need to improve his stamina in the rematch?

I get you had Kov winning, as did I, but stop acting like this wasn't a close fight. even those that had kov winning had him by a slim margin.
                he was wobbed i tell ya.....wooooobbed

if Kov won, it still wouldnt have been a robbery and the fight still would have been close.

they really wanted to see ward lose so bad, they threw logic out the window

its obvious some dont know how to properly score fights and leave their biase out of it

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  he was wobbed i tell ya.....wooooobbed

if Kov won, it still wouldnt have been a robbery and the fight still would have been close.

they really wanted to see ward lose so bad, they threw logic out the window

its obvious some dont know how to properly score fights and leave their biase out of it
                  Some guys spent so much time before the fight whining about conspiracy theories that they couldn't even enjoy the fight.

The judges saw it for Ward. About 28% of media/journalists scoring at ringside had Ward winning.

Time to get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    I remember Floyd crying at press conferences. Boxers are only human, but because they are engage in such a savage sport their emotional state is undermined - disgraceful. I feel bad for Dre.
                    You mean Floyd Mayweather Jr son of Floyd Sr, the man who openly said Ward lost that fight vs Kov?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      It has everything to do with his character, as I was relating it to how he is acting and what he has said in the media about not being appreciated.

As I said in my previous post, he mentioned nothing of retiring before the Kovalev fight. In fact he was saying the opposite. Now all of a sudden he wins the fight and doesn't get the praise he was expecting and he's talking about retiring? It doesn't add up at all. Even to his fans, does he think saying crap like that is supposed to get people behind him? If he is contemplating retirement then good, go ahead and retire. He didn't even have to mention that crap to fans. He's acting as if people are supposed to beg him to stay in. Just fight and get on with it or go away. The fight was in November, he talked about being more active, here it is the end of February and he isn't even thinking about fighting.
                      if you dont know the man personally, how can you judge his character?

what is it with boxing fans on this site judging an athletes character, morals,etc....he dont know yall and none of us know him lol

these low rent boxing forum psychologist kill me on this site.

Dudes been fighting since the 90s....of course he has thought about retirement but he wont be retiring this year...its simply not logical

not saying you do, but its obvious a good number want him to retire so they can have something to criticize him for because they are butthurt he won the 1st fight....also they arent sure kovalev can do better next time....its obvious

Comment

Working...
                      X