Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Ward as a person, but find him relatively unexciting to watch much like the older version of Bhop. Regardless he needs to man up if he wants to fight or he should retire. That said I suspect there is a solid chance Ward is playing his position right now more than anything else and fair play to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      That fight was my favorite of 2016....a lot of high level stuff...good action, strategy, ebb n flow.... Its so many sour g****s you'd think the fight was azz.... This fight was in no way controversial.... Just another close competitive fight, yet idiots call it a robbery
      I think if they fight 3 times each one will be close 3 times, why is everyone angry? if kov won he would have won a close fight just like ward did

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        The ****in irony of this statement...
        ......he needs 3 more tune ups doe

....fight isnt gonna happen doe

.....he'll fake an injury doe

....he wont fight him doe

......he is Andrea Coward doe, he be clinching(kovalev commits dozens of intentional headlocks during the actual fight bwahahahahahaha)

this was months before the fight happened......now the fight happened and it was 3 FRIGGIN months ago....get over it

Some of you dont want their to be a rematch so you can criticize Ward for it.....yea retired coward...give kov back his belts....kidnapping belts lol.....in 3 months? if you dont think kov can do better, say so, and save us some time

Comment

......he needs 3 more tune ups doe

....fight isnt gonna happen doe

.....he'll fake an injury doe

....he wont fight him doe

......he is Andrea Coward doe, he be clinching(kovalev commits dozens of intentional headlocks during the actual fight bwahahahahahaha)

this was months before the fight happened......now the fight happened and it was 3 FRIGGIN months ago....get over it

Some of you dont want their to be a rematch so you can criticize Ward for it.....yea retired coward...give kov back his belts....kidnapping belts lol.....in 3 months? if you dont think kov can do better, say so, and save us some time
          Aaand none of that have I ever said.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
            I think if they fight 3 times each one will be close 3 times, why is everyone angry? if kov won he would have won a close fight just like ward did
            ^^^exactly my point......personally though i think Ward wins the rematch in more convincing fashion...i dont think kov can do any better than he did and if ward doesnt get stopped early on, Kov is losing another decision but wider

Comment

Aaand none of that have I ever said.
              whether you said it or not, it was the theme for ward detractors and they ended up eating 12 plates of crow

whether you did or did not, i dont care to research it...they know who they are whether they admit it or not

Comment

whether you said it or not, it was the theme for ward detractors and they ended up eating 12 plates of crow

whether you did or did not, i dont care to research it...they know who they are whether they admit it or not
                Well that sucks for them. I could give a ****. Just don't say posters are looking for something to ***** about when you do it just as much, if not more than the people you're criticizing.

Comment

Well that sucks for them. I could give a ****. Just don't say posters are looking for something to ***** about when you do it just as much, if not more than the people you're criticizing.
                  .....tell me sir......give an example of me reaching for something to complain about as far as a fight happening or not happening....I'll wait....

if you cant....keep it moving son

Comment

.....tell me sir......give an example of me reaching for something to complain about as far as a fight happening or not happening....I'll wait....

if you cant....keep it moving son
                    Ah I see you've set parameters for yourself. I'll play the "I don't care to research it" card as well. I, along with most here, know how much you look to complain about things, whether or not it's about a fight happening or not happening-that's besides the point.

Comment

• The media and some of the american fans had the typical reaction to a black athlete challenging the establishment. When Ward took his white male promoter to court it ignited the age old american ungrateful lazy arrogant n1gg3r stigma that white Americans are addicted to. The notion is that Ward should sit down and shut up with his hat in his hand and just appreciate what his benvolent white benefactor decides is fair dealings. The notion is that he owes everything he has to the kindness of his almighty promoter. So he better not complain. When he did complain he was swiftly rebuffed by the media and the public and characterized as an arrogant diva aka ungrateful n1gg3r. Some of the fans even openly cheered for Dan Goosen and celebrated when court judgments were made against Ward. This fan loyalty to Dan Goosen seemed to be formed in direct juxtoposition to a wild disdain for Andre Ward ; and without any discussion or consideration to the merits of the case. Ward lost multiple decisions so he must be wrong is the assumption. Which is the most typical and thoughtless assumption that the American media and public would obviously make. This has all happened before. Jack Johnson, Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather to name a few black fighters that have faced the wrath of the media for challenging the white power structure status quo in an attempt to swing the balance of power more in their favor. This kind of stuff will continue to happen as long as America stays strung out on its racism addiction.
                      Last edited by peplz; 02-23-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X