Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
    I hate to say this about an Eastbay homie, but Team Ward needs to go ahead and retire.

I respect Ward's skills (Kova won tho), but he has an ugly style, and no power.

The world is an unfair place. People dont like Ward's style, they prefer blood and guts warriors. If Ward doesnt like that, he's in the wrong business. This is the boxing business.

And I dont see him being mistreated by the media. He got a giftory. Media's job is to report it. He sat out for 2 years. What, is the media supposed to portray him as a freedom fighter? He decided he wanted to take that step, stalling his career when he was on top. He has to live with the consequences.

Then, when he takes 2 showcases, is he supposed to be lauded? In all his interviews, he made it seem like we fans had an obligation to fill Oracle -- for showcases. Nah, if they put the rematch in Oracle, I AM THERE!!

Otherwise, LIKE ALL OTHER BOXERS, if you arent taking on a good challenges, please STFU, bc Im not interested.
    great post ^

Comment

• these same posters cry if you don't put GGG in your top 10 (teddy atlas) and agree with virgil when he "cried" about 15mil not being fair to geegG how ironic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        I think the thing that most of the sensitive in their feelings/emotional posters are missing is that Ward wants a TV deal. The Kovalev rematch is being held up by HBO reluctance to give him a multi-fight deal that starts with a Kovalev fight. What's funny is that he has had the same message since the end of the fight...he is looking for the right deal. There has been no crying as people have said. He mentioned retirement once and now he gets asked about it. Even now, Ward isn't talking it's HUNTER.
        Last time Ward got a TV deal from HBO, HBO was forced to televise a boring showcase in a premium slot.

I've always been a proponent of NOT GIVING any fighter guaranteed slots. This leads to boring showcases like Ward - Barrera and what PBC has done to Stevenson & DSG.

NOBODY DESERVES A GUARANTEED CONTRACT. Make a good fight -- like Kova-Ward I & II -- and it will be televised. If you want showcases, do it on your own dime. This is the boxing business. NO ITS NOT FAIR, and doesnt compare to other sports where there are guaranteed contracts. If a boxer doesnt like it, he should retire

Comment

• Ward and Hunter sure have mastered the art of playing the victim.

Comment

• Oh snap, I forgot that Ward - Brand was also on HBO. So he's had TWO SHOWCASES on HBO! Where was the Rodriquez fight?

I dont see how Ward has anything to complain about. He stole money twice from HBO. I can see why HBO doesnt want to give him any guaranteed money. My policy would be "make a good fight and you'll get paid" . otherwise, see you around, good luck with your career.

Comment

• Wow.......

Comment

• what did team Ward expect?

they upset the applecart

Ward was ripe for the taking....hadnt fought an elite fighter in years....litigation and injury induced lay offs....new division vs a p4p entrant who is arguably the best boxer puncher around today. Kovalev has been a mainstay on HBO since 2013, is a puncher, and has good wins.....Ward was suppose to be the opponent and win that made him a star, rid the GGG fanatics of Ward because they want to see him lose so bad.......too bad Ward didnt read the script

a lot of tears and butthurt

gotta deal with the sour grapes team ward...like Mayweather used to say " Like I said before.....It comes with the territory"

Comment

• RETIRE ON TOP LIKE PAST GREATS IN OTHER SPORTS, CHAMP!!

John Elway couldn't have wrote this better

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    these same posters cry if you don't put GGG in your top 10 (teddy atlas) and agree with virgil when he "cried" about 15mil not being fair to geegG how ironic
                    these dudes go full der der ****** whenever ward name comes up....never thought I'd see trolling that rivaled Mayweathers trolls of the past....well....I was corrected and proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Just stop babysitting the belts and make a decision already. Either fight or give them up, it really is that simple. Nobody is gonna kiss your butt begging you to continue fighting
                      ....the fight was in november bro....3 months ago...you guys act like its been years

their are things that have to be ironed out behind the scenes we know nothing about

Comment

Working...
                      X