Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia On Dad's Tirade: Free Speech, He Can Say What He Wants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Danny Garcia isn't about to apologize for his father's controversial actions at a press conference last month. When asked Tuesday about Angel Garcia's vile verbal attack on Keith Thurman during the January 18 press conference to officially announce their March 4 fight, Danny Garcia said he has seen worse behavior at press conferences and that freedom of speech in America affords his father/trainer to say what he wants.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Too bad those same rights don't seem to apply to the President of the country doe, smh. Tell your dad to stop being a racist POS and not be high when he does press events and I think he'll be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      This guy is not gonna go against his father. They have a great relationship. I don't know why people expect him to throw his father under the bus. It's not gonna happen and people shouldn't expect it to happen. Danny can disagree with what his father did but he's not gonna give the media the pleasure of going against him in public.
      He could have said I don't share his opinions without being disrespectful to his father, instead of sitting there like the snivelling, little **** that he is.

Comment

What were reporters thinking Danny was going to say? Of course hesbmental always gonna have his pops back.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
          MIKE TYSON THE EAR BITING COWARD HAS DONE FAAAAAR WORSE IN AND OUT OF THE RING....... THIS LAME CONTROVERSY IS GETTING OLD MAYBE THIS WAS A WAY FOR PBC TO SELL THE FIGHT AND I GUESS ITS WORKING
          there's nothing lame about negative race issues. only a sorry ass racist like yourself thinks otherwise

Comment

Free speech in the hands of the tactless is a dangerous thing.

When Angel is at home, or is with his mates, then the hood pass or whatever its called can be utilized to its full extent, with dudes being called n*ggas, women and effeminate n*ggas being called b*tches, etc.

However, when in a public forum like a press conference, you've GOT to think. Replace a term like "n*gga" with something like "cvnt" and b*tch with "punk".

That way, you remain controversial/exciting in a manner that can't be construed as offensive.
            Last edited by P.K Dionysus; 02-21-2017, 06:33 PM. Reason: Squirt!

Comment

Danny Garcia seems like a cool dude. Most of the hate towards him is likely the cause of his father's actions.

Comment

The one thing I see wrong with this is.

Why the heck does Angel have to approach and talk to Baby boy Garcia for? Angel is not doing the fighting?

And to top it off he is insulting his son's opponent?

This dude is entertaining, but when he comes off with racial insults it's bad for business over all.

Comment

If I hear one more welter or boxer use the opener "at the end of the day" ? Will somebody get original here? As far as 'free speech' we'll see how long that last, now that *****s in office. So angel better learn to stfu.

Comment

Promoters & media need to police their own actions. Promoters should refuse to have Angel in any press conferences.

Media should never stick a microphone in front of Angel.

He's demonstrated that he cant be trusted to not be offensive.

That way he can have free speech just like the homeless dude I walked past this morning. Dude was ranting and raving talking all kinds of crazy stuff <--- this should be the kind of forum appropriate for Angel.

That way Team Garcia will have less publicity and it would hurt their brand.

HOWEVER, I don't think media will do this. Angel loud-mouth sells tickets (kind of like our Prez)

As for Danny, yeah, he's gonna back his dad. I actually don't have a problem with DSG (his recent low quality opponents I blame on PBC for enabling it). However, I would love to see him One-Timed, and have Thurman turn to Angel and taunt him over Danny's KTFO'd body, just so I could see the look on Angel's face.

Comment

Angel has a history of abusing people from overseas. But when u grow up in the hood that's everyday language. It's a term of endearment between the homies so most of the time it's ok to say it but when Angel went off on thurman he said it in a derogatory manner and that's not cool

Comment

Working...
                      X