Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo, Chavez Jr. - Go Face To Face in Mexico City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** I hate making calculation or fight predictions just going on press conference photos. I have always felt Canelo would beat Chavez Jr. because of his superior speed (hand and foot) and his overall much better boxing skill. But looking at this photo and seeing that Chavez Jr is rocking a mini double chin, Im even more confident Canelo wins and even by stoppage now.

Chavez Jr has lots of heart, so that alone may let him finish the fight on his feet but this kid is taking a beat down.
    Last edited by boxinghead530; 02-21-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      And I get that! I never even say he SHOULD move up. I just say he won't this year or probably next. He would be a fool too. He's to close to Hopkins record and 1 belt away from unifying them all. I still think he should of paid Saunders rediculous asking fee just so he could move on... I believe Saunders wanted $4 million and K2 would only go to $1.5. I think they could of negotiated to $3-3.25 again Saunders ain't worth half that but sometimes you have to pay extra to get that last piece to your collection...Personally I think Saunders is one of the WEAKEST champions out there.
      Yeah i agree m8.....saunders is attrocious and he's only keeping that belt because warren has some clout with the WBO and that's my main reason why i want to see golovkin take all the titles..... K2 maybe they should have offered more money to Saunders but we really don't know who was offered what..i hope it happens this summer and we see a unified champion .lets see m8

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Yeah i agree m8.....saunders is attrocious and he's only keeping that belt because warren has some clout with the WBO and that's my main reason why i want to see golovkin take all the titles..... K2 maybe they should have offered more money to Saunders but we really don't know who was offered what..i hope it happens this summer and we see a unified champion .lets see m8
        Yeah we don't know the exact numbers. My only concern is Saunders losing that belt before Canelo or GGG takes it from Saunders?? Then we get someone else wanting hold on to it for another year or 2??? Then what??

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Yeah we don't know the exact numbers. My only concern is Saunders losing that belt before Canelo or GGG takes it from Saunders?? Then we get someone else wanting hold on to it for another year or 2??? Then what??
          Its either going to be golovkin or canelo for saunders in the summer...frank warren recently paid off khurtsdizse with an undisclosed step aside fee with the promise saunders will face off with one of thise two.....i hope so

Comment

Thats a big mexiconos! Double chin, and all. Seems junior has more than a few of the Boxing Scene fans shook.

Regarding Junior's punching power: hes an attrition guy. Yes he shook Marvallo, usually he goes to the body a lot and wears you down. margarito is much more dangerous in being relentless than junior.

if Canello is on he should have little problem with beating Chavez. I am actually a bit of a Chavez junior fan, but the guy is not prepared to deal with Canello's power, assuming Canello can fight a full fight and not let Junior chase him into corners. I don't see a knockout, but Canello should be able to hit junior at will.

This is a pretty easy fight to predict the way I see it. Junior is a decent puncher, not because he KO's but because he can attack the body enough to get to the head, so to speak. But...he is not very fast of foot. Canello has enough power to score points and can avoid Junior for portions of the fight. Junior cannot come up with one shot that sends the ginger to chrome bubble alley, ain't happening.

So...I can see plenty of scenerios where the Ginger wins: either from scoring more, or even a KO. But what scenerios are there for junior winning? he would have to throw more punches than a puncher to win on points... He would have to catch the Ginger with a big punch. Both somewhat improbable.

I am willing to bet the ***** bank that made Elroy, that the Ginger wins this!!
            Last edited by billeau2; 02-21-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Chavez by UD. He is simply too big for Canelo.

Comment

Damn, I didn't realize the size difference was that much!

Comment

Working...
                X