Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo, Chavez Jr. - Go Face To Face in Mexico City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    chavez is not a big puncher at all. fairly light puncher actually. 2 kos in the last 7 years. both were also early stoppages imo. when you cant dent guys like zbik, rubio, britisch, and vera you are not a big puncher. he couldnt even drop andy lee who was dropped and probably more hurt vs quillin, jackson, and saunders. only difference was ref stopped it in the chavez fight.
    Just when I think you can't say anything dumber than the last you say something dumber...

Last edited by Shadoww702; 02-20-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

this size difference is huge! I know skill wise canelo should win, but with chavez size and pressure style, canelo might be in for a TOUGH matchup

Comment

"http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/8062323/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-knocks-andy-lee-seventh-round

"Chavez's strength put Lee in retreat, and Chavez punished him with left hooks to the body and right uppercuts to his head.

"I couldn't hold him off," Lee said. "He was too big and too strong."

Lee's trainer Emmanuel Steward concurred with his fighter's assessment, "

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
          Holy **** . Were these pic so done with trick photography? The size difference is more than I thought.
          Chavez Jr is a legit 6 footer. Canelo is 5'7 or 5'8. Jermall Charlo is an inch taller than JCC Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            this size difference is huge! I know skill wise canelo should win, but with chavez size and pressure style, canelo might be in for a TOUGH matchup
            And demetius andrade and jermall Charlotte are taller and more talented than JCC Jr. That's why nelo didn't fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Just when I think you can't say anything dumber than the last you say something dumber...

yes hes scored one knockdown in 7 years and that was it. martinez went down in almost every fight. same with lee(who chavez couldnt even drop). thats your proof that chavez jr is a big puncher? 2 stoppages in 7 years and 1 knock down? and its not like hes been fighting tough competiion...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                did you read my post? i said he couldn't drop him which he didn't. he hurt him and got a follow up stoppage which i believe was early. i also said guys like quilln, jackson, and saunders dropped lee. thats a fact. i also believe lee was just as hurt or more in those fights but they weren't stopped. please read more carefully.

the guy has scored 1 knockdown in 7 years and hes a big puncher? i think not.
                He had to get SAVED from the REF???

"A right uppercut by Chavez snapped Lee's head upwards and sideways, and Chavez connected on a barrage of punches before referee Laurence Cole intervened and waved an end to the fight."

Man we get it your a SUPERTROLL and don't know SHT about boxing... A ref saving you from getting your ASS BEAT!!! Is just as bad. If the ref. wasn't there to SAVE Lee he was going night, night.

Holy sht!!! Will someone explain boxing to this RTard??? He thinks having a re. save you doesn't count???

Comment

This is like David vs Goliath Mexican version.

Comment

Although you can't ignore the size difference, I think Canelo counters Jr.'s pressure style early and ends the fights quickly. Jr.'s punch resistance is down. He no longer has the chin he showed against Martinez and his pressure style lends itself to a life-changing counterpunch.

Canelo is the real deal, but just a half-step behind GGG who is the supreme deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      He had to get SAVED from the REF???

"A right uppercut by Chavez snapped Lee's head upwards and sideways, and Chavez connected on a barrage of punches before referee Laurence Cole intervened and waved an end to the fight."

Man we get it your a SUPERTROLL and don't know SHT about boxing... A ref saving you from getting your ASS BEAT!!! Is just as bad. If the ref. wasn't there to SAVE Lee he was going night, night.

Holy sht!!! Will someone explain boxing to this RTard??? He thinks having a re. save you doesn't count???
                      he hit him with one good shot. lee covered up and they stopped it. i dont see that as a great display of power especially since he couldnt drop him when he hit him with his absolute best shot. in past fighs lee went down like a sack of bricks which was probably best since he was given time to recover. against chavez he coverd up and they stpoped it. maybe he would have recovered. maybe not. we will never know. either way getting a tko win over a guy with a glass chin doesnt mean much now does it? ishida is a big puncher since he stopped kirkland? tony thompson since he stopped david price?

Comment

Working...
                      X