No announcement yet.

A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
    So you would take the $10/hr job when your skills are worth $30?
    Yes, if it meant I got the chance to show I was as good or better than the guy making $50/hr.

Again, most of the greats took at least one chance with money, weight, or both.

Why are we giving a guy who hasn't even proven he deserves the benefit of the doubt a pass?

Because we like how he KOs average fighters?

More dues than that need to be paid...

Comment

Good Lord...

A video with a direct quote from GGG gets posted, and his fans come out from who knows where and immediately go on the offensive!

**** me, the levels of fanatical support are unfathomable.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Right we have no idea how it's gonna do, which is why these are ALWAYS percentage splits. Could be much less than 15m for GGG with a fair split, could be much more.

Boxing is way unfair, yet this hasnt happened once. Why make post after post defending such unprecedented bull****?
        What's unprecedented is a guy that can't break 100K PPVs wanting to be treated on an even footing with a guy that helped break PPV records.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Face Of Boxing Ask and thou shall receive.

People seem to have short term memory loss when it comes to Golovkin. Idk why but that seems to be the case around this place.

Never forget ladies and gents:

Hey ggg how about Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
            Good Lord...

A video with a direct quote from GGG gets posted, and his fans come out from who knows where and immediately go on the offensive!

**** me, the levels of fanatical support are unfathomable.
            Kinda makes you miss the Pac Fans, doesn't it?

At least they were backing a guy that unquestionably had already done HOF-type shyt...

Comment

ima post this again:

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                What's unprecedented is a guy that can't break 100K PPVs wanting to be treated on an even footing with a guy that helped break PPV records.
                That's why we should wait for this Jacobs ppv. I bet that breaks 100k easy, probably 200k+. Canelo himself wouldn't do 2x with same type of opponent.

A ppv split is not even footing, it's just standard. Khan, Chavez, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Kinda makes you miss the Pac Fans, doesn't it?

At least they were backing a guy that unquestionably had already done HOF-type shyt...
                  Lmao, you ain't lying.

What gets to me is they defend absolutely EVERYTHING, and can't admit that the person they support ****ed up or made a mistake. Like seriously.

Around 20 years ago, I told my mom I wanted an Asian baby. Fast forward to today, and I still do, despite not being as attracted to Asian women.

Just because I said it 20 years ago, it doesn't automatically become irrelevant.

GGG made a statement, but hasn't lived up to it, simple as that. He said Brook was too small to fight, but he fought him anyway. Simple as that.

People make faux pas, and these fans who act like GGG farts money and pisses milk and honey boggle the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    That's why we should wait for this Jacobs ppv. I bet that breaks 100k easy, probably 200k+. Canelo himself wouldn't do 2x with same type of opponent.

A ppv split is not even footing, it's just standard. Khan, Chavez, remember?
                    We've been over this.

Khan and Chavez bring their own buys and plenty of them.
                    We can't say the same about Lil g.

And even if March goes well, he will still trail Canelo by literally millions of buys.

They are not in any way comparable as far as star power. Hell, you could make the argument that Khan and Jr. are bigger PPV guys than Lil g.

BTW, setting the bar at 200K buys for Jacobs/Lil g is low; and that figure will not be nearly enough to move the needle against a guy that has been part of a PPV record and who has topped 500K buys several times.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
                      Lmao, you ain't lying.

What gets to me is they defend absolutely EVERYTHING, and can't admit that the person they support ****ed up or made a mistake. Like seriously.

Around 20 years ago, I told my mom I wanted an Asian baby. Fast forward to today, and I still do, despite not being as attracted to Asian women.

Just because I said it 20 years ago, it doesn't automatically become irrelevant.

GGG made a statement, but hasn't lived up to it, simple as that. He said Brook was too small to fight, but he fought him anyway. Simple as that.

People make faux pas, and these fans who act like GGG farts money and pisses milk and honey boggle the mind.
                      Exactly.

The great ones take chances, period.

What chance has Lil g taken?

Ever?

Comment

Working...
                      X