Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30-Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165.1, Daniel Jacobs 174.8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    that makes sense? The limit is 176 so why come in at 165?
    Preparing himself for weight cutting to actual 160 for the actual weigh in, you don't honestly believe he walks around at 165 all the way to the fight do you and just sheds 5 pounds the day before the weigh in ?

Comment

• Originally posted by All in View Post
      Valid points. I believe ward vs ggg at 170-72 can still happen. You can't blame him on waiting canelo out. After chavez at 164 there's no more excuses.
      At the time the Ward fight was offered it was reasonable. Nobody was asking GGG to campaign at 168, it was just for one fight because the middleweight division was horrible. Jacobs next month, BJS this summer. Jermall Charlo has moved up. Andrade may be moving up in a year or two. I don't think the Canelo fight is happening. If Chavez Jr wins or it's remotely close they're running that back in Sept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        It's strange. Wouldn't fight Lara, Khan (for some reason) at 154 but fights Liam Smith at 154 (for some reason)

Now he is fighting Chavez at 164.5 (for some reason) but won't fight at 160.

You're really gonna pull that BS Beer that 1 pound is really a HUGE deal?

You forgetting who was the the original catchweight king Emmanuel?

Comment

• Interesting how nobody ever calls for jacobs to move up, but I guess he does not fight in the same "garbage" division as Gennady, so thats probably why. In Danny Jacobs middleweight division, the competition is fierce!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            Which is the funny thing. If he can easily make 154 than why does he drag WW Brooks up 13 pounds without conceding 1 pound? Why does he drag Canelo up 5-6 pounds without conceding 1 pound?

GGG is a prima donna. Some people choose not to apply the same standards to him as every other boxer. It cracks me up. Pac**** all over again
            I think Canelo a bit of an ego, as is Cotto and a bunch of others, but they make no bones about it. They are stars and will leverage their star power in negotiations. Golvokin portrays himself a good guy who is a victim of sorts. I think people are now looking behind his boyish smile and are getting wise to his real nature. It is always about gaining the advantage and raking in the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              At the time the Ward fight was offered it was reasonable. Nobody was asking GGG to campaign at 168, it was just for one fight because the middleweight division was horrible. Jacobs next month, BJS this summer. Jermall Charlo has moved up. Andrade may be moving up in a year or two. I don't think the Canelo fight is happening. If Chavez Jr wins or it's remotely close they're running that back in Sept.
              Definitely more options at 160 now.
              I can see at focused chavez giving canelo fits late. Provided all the partying hasn't taken its toll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                GGG is the man who concedes no pounds to WW fighters but demands they move up 13 pounds.

GGG is the man who ducked Canelo because "$15 million isn't enough money even for a fight at 160".

GGG and his fans (you) think talking **** through the media is the same as signing contracts or offering actual deals. That is why they bashed Jacobs.....for doing the EXACT SAME THING GGG IS DOING TO CANELO.

I hope Jacobs wins so you and your deplorables just go away
                I already said GGG is no saint. WHEN did GGG demand that Brook move up???????? Brook is the one who took the offer that Eubank JR passed up! You forgot the fact that Floyd was the superstar and would have demanded 154/155 and would have had the upper hand in negotiations where as Brook jumped at the offer and had no clout to make weight demands. On top of that, GGG was Canelo's mandatory and mandatories dont have to make weight concessions, especially when they are a middleweight and it was a middleweight title. And GGG never said 15 Mill was not enough, he said he wanted the STANDARD PPV split which is the norm today in a fight that is considered the best fight that can be made. Canelo is the one who made history for a notorious duck move. Oh, and you made a STUPID assumption - I am not a GGG fan, I am a Jacobs fan and pulling for him.
                Last edited by richardt; 02-19-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  Yet the fight night weights for J-rock and Charlo were 158 and 159lbs respectively.

Now that I've proven you wrong, I expect you to follow troll trend and claim that you don't believe those fight night weights and that they were fixed.

Also, Lara weighed in at 160lbs when he fought Vanes Martirosyan last year.
                  You most be on crack to believe those were their weights, common logic and sense, Charlo look like a monster comparing him to Williams, how the hell they were the same weight.

Even Bernstein and Malignaggi said that those weights had to be inacurate, Charlo is a MW dude 100% weights more than 170 for his fights.

Lara ain't a big SWW tho.

GGG is a small MW.

Comment

• 19 pages for a thread about a 30 day weigh in?
                    Is ggg the new mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      19 pages for a thread about a 30 day weigh in?
                      Is ggg the new mayweather
                      Here lies the enigma of GGG's star power! GGG is a lightning rod on boxing forums but we don't fully know how it actually translates into actual financial leverage compared to a Canelo for example.

Comment

Working...
                      X