Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30-Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165.1, Daniel Jacobs 174.8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Travycat View Post
    GGG walks around in shape pretty much year round it looks like.
    Danny Jacobs does too. He just cuts more "water weight" before his fights. Doesn't mean he's in worse shape that GGG. It just means Jacobs is the bigger guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      If you're a typical western world fat-ass it does but if you don't eat like a gluttonous pig and exercise regularly it doesn't slow down. I'm older than Golovkin and I weigh the same as I did when I was 18.
      I am 25 years.old and played basketball and baseball during the week ends. I am talking about my co workers who never play any sports activities during the week ends. I am 6'1 and 175 lbs.
      Last edited by RomanReigns; 02-19-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Danny Jacobs does too. He just cuts more "water weight" before his fights. Doesn't mean he's in worse shape that GGG. It just means Jacobs is the bigger guy.
        He is also at least 2 to 3 inches taller than Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          I actually like Jacobs weight! He looks good and healthy.

I see he's training in O-Town??? By chance you think Ward is helping him??? Kind of odd seeing a NYorker training on the BestCoast???
          Yeah, Ward is helping Jacobs train and Chris Algieri is helping with nutrition.

Check this out http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/how-...nady-golovkin/

Don't sleep on Jacobs. This is a very tough fight for Golovkin!

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            you b1tching for no reason aint no one ever attacked froid over his work ethic. hard work medication!!!
            Medication? Funny I dont remember floyd officialy failing a drug test and why would i need to b1tch golovkin isnt fit to lace floyds gloves up on achievements guys best win is vs a blown up welterweight at 35 years old never seen so much **** riding over a guy who aint fought anyone worth a damn at least the pact*rds could point to mannys resume and have a claim for greatness

Good boy drama show! Matthew Macklin big street fight ! Lol gtfo

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              lol GGG got outweighed by everyone at 30 day weighins including brook.

how the hell is he a big middleweight again?
              "He need to move up doe"

Comment

Most of the weight he will lose is "water weight" shortly before the weigh-in. When he rehydrates, after the weigh-in, he'll be a huge middleweight.
                In that case every fighter that steps in the ring will be a huge (insert weight class) since no fighter enters the ring at the weight the weigh in at and some come in two weight classes above.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  In that case every fighter that steps in the ring will be a huge (insert weight class) since no fighter enters the ring at the weight the weigh in at and some come in two weight classes above.
                  Not every fighter but many fighters are huge for their weight class. Canelo is a good example of someone who is really big for his weight division. If they can manage cutting all that water weight safely and gain an advantage then more power to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    No. It's a serious question. De La Hoya, Cotto, and Canelo were all fights that were worth it for Floyd financially and legacy wise. Now when GGG turned down the Ward fight the reasons giver were Ward isn't a big draw (GGG isn't a big enough draw to fight Floyd) Ward hasn't made 168 in years, not sure he could make 168 again (GGG has never fought at 154) Ward didn't have a strap (GGG didn't have a strap at 154). Froch and Chavez Jr are worth it financially but not Ward (Cotto, Canelo, and Oscar was worth it financially but not GGG) Now if you accept those reasons for GGG not having to fight Ward you gotta accept them for Floyd not having to fight GGG. What's good for the goose...
                    See I find this situation funny, your earlier reply post to one of my posts referred to"what has ggg done to earn a fight with Floyd, I hardly think Berto would qualify under your thinking, as for ward, there is no actual proof of either ggg or ward turning down the fight, it's all here say, so please explain why Floyd didn't fight at 154 vs ggg, as berto brought nothing to the table ppv wise in their fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                      See I find this situation funny, your earlier reply post to one of my posts referred to"what has ggg done to earn a fight with Floyd, I hardly think Berto would qualify under your thinking, as for ward, there is no actual proof of either ggg or ward turning down the fight, it's all here say, so please explain why Floyd didn't fight at 154 vs ggg, as berto brought nothing to the table ppv wise in their fight
                      Berto was his last fight. Berto was also a welterweight. Floyd never campaigned at 154. He only moved up to take big fights. Cotto, Canelo, and De La Hoya. Does GGG fit into any of those categories? Is there any proof whatsoever that GGG can make 154? How many fights have he fought there?

Comment

Working...
                      X