Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how does a Showtime employee get assigned to judge a fight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW....

http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...ow-score-fight
    (2015)

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      tin foil terry is back with another ridiculous conspiracy theory. glad somebody brought up the HBO "conflict" as well.
      what, did your "Haymon Defense League" filter alert you that your hero needed defending again? Still rattling that tin cup begging for a job I guess.......

Well too bad you wasted your time. This is on the Ohio Commission, and has nothing to do with Haymon. And FWIW, Weisfeld should NOT be selected to judge fights involving ANY former employers, be it HBO or Showtime. There are plenty of judges available, no need to appoint those who have the appearance of a conflict of interest. Oh, my bad, I forgot that in YOUR world there is NEVER a conflict of interest, everyone is always honest, and dots their "i"s with little smiley faces.......

And I'm sure its 100% coincidence that the former Showtime employee was the judge with the widest scorecard in favor of the Showtime fighter. Pure coincidence without a doubt. No possible bias at all....... lol
      Last edited by OnePunch; 02-20-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Steve Weisfeld has also scored fights for HBO. He returned to judging fights in 2015. Are you saying he is no longer allowed to judge the biggest fights in boxing (those that air on HBO and SHO) because he has at one time worked for HBO and SHO? It's interesting that you had nothing to say when he was judging fights for HBO PPVs last year. Maybe it is you who has an agenda?
        I wonder why this post is being ignored

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I wonder why this post is being ignored
          Its NOT being ignored, and I just addressed it in my previous post. He should not be judging fights involving ANY of his past employers, be it HBO, Showtime, or whoever.

There are plenty of available judges who dont have such an obvious conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            And FWIW, Weisfeld should NOT be selected to judge fights involving ANY former employers, be it HBO or Showtime.
            Why did you only make a stink about it when he judged for a Showtime card, though? And not when he judged for an HBO card?

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
              typical BS.. Granados was robbed.
              Granados clearly lost that fight.

He was running like he stole something.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Why did you only make a stink about it when he judged for a Showtime card, though? And not when he judged for an HBO card?
                uhhmmm, probably because I didnt notice it. Im flattered that you think I am such a vast resource of knowledge that I have committed to memory every judge assigned to every fight on every network across the county over the past 2 or 3 decades.

But truth be told unless a judge turns in a suspicious scorecard, 99% of the time I dont even pay attention to who they are. I thought this was a 1 point fight either way, and when I heard 97-93 and Weisfelds name, my first thought was "why would HE be judging this fight?". He shouldnt have been. And the Ohio commission should have known better. Could you imagine for example an ex-Patriots employee being one of the referees in the Super Bowl? Its laughable. And people wonder why boxing is considered a joke these days......

And this forum is getting more pathetic with each passing day. The cheerleading is nauseating. Say ANYTHING around here that can even REMOTELY look like a jab at Haymon or PBC, and out from the woodwork come the predictable sad trolls who live vicariously through the successes of a man they dont even know. Or its the thirsty prostitutes like Zero who are rattling a tin cup hoping for a few crumbs to be tossed their way.

It baffles me that someone could genuinely see no problem whatsoever with Weisfeld judging fights for networks he used to work for. Now if networks were truly "detached observers" with no vested interest in the outcomes, then perhaps it wouldnt matter. But they aren't "detached observers" anymore.
                Last edited by OnePunch; 02-20-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

uhhmmm, probably because I didnt notice it. Im flattered that you think I am such a vast resource of knowledge that I have committed to memory every judge assigned to every fight on every network across the county over the past 2 or 3 decades.
                  It's convenient that you only noticed this weekend, though, wouldn't you say? Given your past posting history which is...shall we say...rather hypercritical of Haymon and PBC?

Some might think you're being selective with your outrage.

And this forum is getting more pathetic with each passing day. The cheerleading is nauseating. Say ANYTHING around here that can even REMOTELY look like a jab at Haymon or PBC, and out from the woodwork come the predictable sad trolls who live vicariously through the successes of a man they dont even know. Or its the thirsty prostitutes like Zero who are rattling a tin cup hoping for a few crumbs to be tossed their way.
                  I think it's refreshing that this forum has folks that speak up and ask for Haymon/PBC to be given a fair shake. It's a nice change of pace from much of the boxing media that seems to have had it in for him since day 1.

That type of bias from supposedly objective outlets is what should truly be nauseating to you.

Comment

The f#ck. Idek who this cat was with Showtime or anyone else, but if he worked for Showtime I don't like him judging fights on Showtime. And that could go either way to me. Maybe he's looking to make a Showtime fighter look good or maybe he's looking make a Showtime fighter look bad. There would seem to be too much potential for conflict of interest for me.

All that said this fight was a close fight and 7-3 always sounds wide, but that actually means this fight was 2 rounds scored differently from being a draw on this guy's card so I see nothing wrong with this guy's card, but still he shouldn't have even been a judge in the first place for this event.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      It's convenient that you only noticed this weekend, though, wouldn't you say? Given your past posting history which is...shall we say...rather hypercritical of Haymon and PBC?

Some might think you're being selective with your outrage.

I think it's refreshing that this forum has folks that speak up and ask for Haymon/PBC to be given a fair shake. It's a nice change of pace from much of the boxing media that seems to have had it in for him since day 1.

That type of bias from supposedly objective outlets is what should truly be nauseating to you.

the only problem with your "theory" is that this issue has nothing whatsoever to do with Haymon or PBC. It has to do with the Ohio commission, as that is who selects the officials.

And as to media bias, yes it sucks, no matter which way it leans. Most media "sites" these days basically are just "press release publishers" who are too afraid to speak their minds lest they be removed from the credential list.....
                      Last edited by OnePunch; 02-20-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X