Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how does a Showtime employee get assigned to judge a fight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I swear people cry and bitch for damn near everything. Can a former NBA player not become an NBA ref? Should a baseball player that played for multiple teams not be able to become a manager because one day out of 162 days in baseball regular season, he might manage against another former team of his?

You dudes act like females on here over every damn thing. I had Granados winning but 2 judges, not just this former employer, gave it to Broner.

Comment

he is no longer a showtime employee. there's no conflict of interest here. plenty of judges and officials have worked on TV briefly and gone right back to their professional capacities.

if he was still on the payroll it would be a conflict of interest for sure, but he's not. IIRC he worked for HBO, too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        american boxing for you.....
        This bullshyte from the guy who lives in the land of the Calzaghe "stoppages".

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Same way Julie Lederman judges for HBO while her biased father influences the audience with his scorecards.
          Go watch the mismatches on HBO. Yall haters complain about everything. Its simple DONT WATCH. GO watch Canelo VS tomato cans. PBC is straight up killing HBO
          Let the church say amen and hallelujah.

Comment

No one, absolutely no one, can be trusted in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              involving a Showtime fighter?

How could Steve Weisfeld's conflict of interest not have been OBVIOUS to the Ohio commission? And he unsurprisingly turns in a scorecard with the widest margin (7-3) for the Showtime fighter?

Boxing doesnt even try to hide its corruption / incompetence anymore. And people wonder why its a fringe sport......
              wow I didn't even realise

Forget this being about Broner/Granados/blackvwhite/hispanisfandiots/blackfandiots/maynerds/showvHBO lol The reality is, this hsould have been flagged as a conflict of interest by the commission and if it isnt then how many other similar situations have arisen before that went unnoticed?

Comment

I didn't Know this happened.

I always said this sport needed a journalist or website to profile judges for each fight and keep track of their scores and who they work for. It seems we always find out after a fight About a corrupt judge, when it was quite obvious before the fight that the judge was already corrupt.

But boxing journalist/websites don't make enough money to be bothered to do that.

It would be an easy way to cut down corruption significantly though.

Comment

How could Steve Weisfeld's conflict of interest not have been OBVIOUS to the Ohio commission? And he unsurprisingly turns in a scorecard with the widest margin (7-3) for the Showtime fighter?

Boxing doesnt even try to hide its corruption / incompetence anymore. And people wonder why its a fringe sport......
                  Steve Farhood is not Steve Weisfeld.

Comment

since when does weisdeld work for showtime?

if i remember he covers for lederman on hbo, not sho

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      I didn't Know this happened.

I always said this sport needed a journalist or website to profile judges for each fight and keep track of their scores and who they work for. It seems we always find out after a fight About a corrupt judge, when it was quite obvious before the fight that the judge was already corrupt.

But boxing journalist/websites don't make enough money to be bothered to do that.

It would be an easy way to cut down corruption significantly though.
                      Those would be the same 'journalists' with a tendency to focus on bashing select network/mgt/promotional outfits while blatantly cashing checks from those network/mgt/promotional outfits' direct rivals, correct?

That's who we're depending on to 'cut down corruption' in boxing? Yeah, ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X