Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most fighters would: Rigondeaux, Lara, Kovalev, Golovkin, Lomachenko, etc.

Can you imagine if Guillermo Rigondeaux was William Richardson from Brooklyn, New York? A two time gold medalist, unified/lineal champion and pound for pound top 10 fighter with less than 20 fights? Then you add his **** talking on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      If he was a White American, he'd be the most popular athlete in America even without fighting anybody.

*cough* *cough* Ronda Rousey
      that sig doe :wank:

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Can you imagine if Guillermo Rigondeaux was William Richardson from Brooklyn, New York? A two time gold medalist, unified/lineal champion and pound for pound top 10 fighter with less than 20 fights? Then you add his **** talking on top of that.
      lmao william richardson

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
        Definately, he'd be touted as the next best ever, I find it hilarious seeing a couple of saying no, yet spence is already the next big coming, this is like the comedy channel. Ps hans, your either born with heart or not, it can't be instilled
        How do you figure? We have a HW w/ a ton of KO's, a belt and isn't more popular than ggg at this very moment. If Wilder isn't a superstar or even much a star, what makes you think ggg would be?

Unless he tags Floyd's name to him, then maybe he'd be a bit better known

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Yes.

Kigali, The Big Dunn, Isaac Clarke, Larry X, BrometheusBob., Pigeons, PBF, ShoulderRoll, therealpugalist, siablo14, etc would love him and shower with him.

Max Kellerwoman would want to fellate him, and Teddy Atlas would have him in his top three P4P.
          fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
            No. He would be Adonis Stevenson.
            You mean he would have done time in prison for being a pimp enforcer who beat up teenaged girls?

Comment

Well if he had an interesting personality, story and fought more fights in the US where he didn't come in as a 10 to 1 favorite then yes, if not he'd be another Adonis Stevenson that nobody really cares about. I think GGG has recieved a tremendous amount of support from the media and still he can't sell, they really need better names on that resume and they should stop ating like the A side.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                On NSB, no. In the sport as a whole, yes.

About 25-30% of his NSB fanbase wouldn't exist, the Freedom's, jubei's, bigdramshow, etc. would be gone. Another 30% of his NSB fanbase wouldn't like him primarily because he was an American. Another 10-15% of his NSB base would not like him as he would be put into the Floyd, Broner, Ward, WIider, Haymon etc group where all of them are judged the same despite having nothing in common.

Now there would be a number of posters hat would suddenly like him, I would say hat adds another 5-10% to his NSB fanbase, given there isn't a large volume of fans like this on NSB.

I would estimate he'd be roughly 60-70% less popular on NSB.

As for the sport as a whole-he'd be given more access on TV because he would speak English. Assuming he is the same Olympian he would have that added exposure. He would be a TR or Haymon guy (prob TR given his Olympic success) which would mean more of his fights would've been on HBO earlier in his career so US fan could "grow" with him.

So I'd say yes.
                Yeah this perfectly sums it up..... he would have had to survive the usual Jeff Lacy comparisons too.

Comment

yes he would the tv networks would call him the MW mike tyson he would be loved by everyone especially the faux black panther party on here (you know who you are) they would cling all over his ****.look at how they want to argue that spence is top 10 p4p or others like broner or imam are the next ATGs.

Comment

As a white guy id love to see a white american born badass athlete besides a NFL quarterback.......

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

I agree with you PBP.

Honestly, As long as he wasn't the next Ray Leonard or ODH I could see myself gravitating toward him. My favorites are Hagler and Floyd and they, much like GGG, were highly talented but couldn't get fights they wanted and were at the mercy of the big draws.

Comment

Working...
                      X