Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

no he would not

Comment

Yes.

Kigali, The Big Dunn, Isaac Clarke, Larry X, BrometheusBob., Pigeons, PBP, ShoulderRoll, therealpugalist, siablo14, etc would love him and shower him with praise.

Max Kellerwoman would want to fellate him, and Teddy Atlas would have him in his top three P4P.

Last edited by The Hammer; 03-20-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

On NSB, no. In the sport as a whole, yes.

About 25-30% of his NSB fanbase wouldn't exist, the Freedom's, jubei's, bigdramshow, etc. would be gone. Another 30% of his NSB fanbase wouldn't like him primarily because he was an American. Another 10-15% of his NSB base would not like him as he would be put into the Floyd, Broner, Ward, WIider, Haymon etc group where all of them are judged the same despite having nothing in common.

Now there would be a number of posters hat would suddenly like him, I would say hat adds another 5-10% to his NSB fanbase, given there isn't a large volume of fans like this on NSB.

I would estimate he'd be roughly 60-70% less popular on NSB.

As for the sport as a whole-he'd be given more access on TV because he would speak English. Assuming he is the same Olympian he would have that added exposure. He would be a TR or Haymon guy (prob TR given his Olympic success) which would mean more of his fights would've been on HBO earlier in his career so US fan could "grow" with him.

So I'd say yes.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-15-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

if he was american period he would be, black white or mexican..

he wouldnt have spent the first 6 years of his career fighting euro bums, hed also have alot more heart

Comment

Just a single thought of GGG being black made me like his white version a little less.

I wonder why?

Comment

Definately, he'd be touted as the next best ever, I find it hilarious seeing a couple of saying no, yet spence is already the next big coming, this is like the comedy channel. Ps hans, your either born with heart or not, it can't be instilled

Comment

If he was a White American, he'd be the most popular athlete in America even without fighting anybody.

*cough* *cough* Ronda Rousey

Comment

No. He would be Adonis Stevenson.

Comment

no because boxing is not as big as it was over here

Comment

Working...
                    X