Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence's chin and recovery time is questionable at worst. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Easy, They are not twins and wlad was unlucky that he was chinny while Vitali was born with a Titanium chin. Spence in the video has the first signs of being chinny, by not recovering from the FIRST flush shot of a light hitting Lartey even after 1 minute in between rounds. He was still on wobbly legs in the opening of round 8 and refused to engage Lartey through out that round. That, to me is QUESTIONABLE AT WORST about his recovery time and chin,
    ....and a paper mache heart.

Dude quit on his stool just like a b*tch.

Comment

GGG was never buckled, he was stopped in his tracks.
      Again...BUZZED nobody said HURT lets net play stupid to try and prove a point, we knew WTF a Suspect Chin looks like and getting Wobbled later in the fight from being overly aggressive and trying to finish a guy is one thing. Getting hurt with every big shot that is landed is ANOTHER.

But again we find out May 20th because if Brook was able to buzz GGG then surely if he lands on Spence Jr Clean he will knock him out COLD Right...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Again...BUZZED nobody said HURT lets net play stupid to try and prove a point, we knew WTF a Suspect Chin looks like and getting Wobbled later in the fight from being overly aggressive and trying to finish a guy is one thing. Getting hurt with every big shot that is landed is ANOTHER.

But again we find out May 20th because if Brook was able to buzz GGG then surely if he lands on Spence Jr Clean he will knock him out COLD Right...
        That was Lartey's first big shot to spence after spence hit him with everything except the referee and the stool. Spence got hit and hurt by Lartey, and got stunned, and didn't recover even after the 1 minute in between rounds evidenced by spence still on wobbly legs at the opening start of round 8. That to me is questionable.

Comment

That was Lartey's first big shot to spence after spence hit him with everything except the referee and the stool. Spence got hit and hurt by Lartey, and got stunned, and didn't recover even after the 1 minute in between rounds evidenced by spence still on wobbly legs at the opening start of round 8. That to me is questionable.
          I watched the fight it was all Spence Jr until he got a little overly aggressive trying to finish Lartey and got caught being overly aggressive that still doesn't show a Questionable Chin. You wanna know what is questionable though:

The good thing about all of this is that Questions will get answers when they step in the ring with each other and we don't have to wait years and years speculating what is what only a few months

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
            He was never dropped tho, let's not forget Senchenko hurt Brook, Jose Cotto hurt Canelo, that doesn't mean they can't take a punch
            It was a temple shot you dumb ****. It has nothing to do with 'chin'. But you're an 'ex-boxer' so I'm sure you already knew this.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              It was a temple shot you dumb ****. It has nothing to do with 'chin'. But you're an 'ex-boxer' so I'm sure you already knew this.
              Chill out Sadiq is only about 16.

A question to anyone in the know; has Earl Spence, Jr. ever demonstrated a good chin or punch resistance? All people in boxing who've seen him in the gym and behind closed doors say he doesn't respond well to pressure and having to take punches himself. Looking on Boxrec his record is littered with light hitting can crushers? Is his chin a complete unknown?

Comment

I don't know if it was to do with recovery time or a Change of tactics. As others pointed out he was winning the fight and it was the last round so was it worth Spence still going all out knowing Lartey could hurt him with a counter? ....the answer would be no.

If you're easily winning the fight and you get hurt in the penultimate round you'd be foolish to come out guns blazing in the last round, you'd have to play it safe and see out the W.

That said Spence's chin is a question mark going into the fight, Brook isn't iron chinned but he's come through more adversity than Spence and is better placed to deal with it. Brook would be better placed in a scenario where both guys hurt each other during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

Brook isn't iron chinned.
                  Does Gennady Golovkin's right hand flush on Kell Brook's chin and Kell kept on going ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                    Chill out Sadiq is only about 16.

A question to anyone in the know; has Earl Spence, Jr. ever demonstrated a good chin or punch resistance? All people in boxing who've seen him in the gym and behind closed doors say he doesn't respond well to pressure and having to take punches himself. Looking on Boxrec his record is littered with light hitting can crushers? Is his chin a complete unknown?
                    I don't care man. I don't like sorry ass posers who come here trying to be something they're not.

I haven't heard any stories so I think for the most part it is unknown. I take these videos and evidences with a grain of salt. How many times have we seen such and such be dropped or hurt by someone then when they fight a much better fighter they come out squeaky clean. No two fights are the same and no two punches are the same either.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      I don't know if it was to do with recovery time or a Change of tactics. As others pointed out he was winning the fight and it was the last round so was it worth Spence still going all out knowing Lartey could hurt him with a counter? ....the answer would be no.

If you're easily winning the fight and you get hurt in the penultimate round you'd be foolish to come out guns blazing in the last round, you'd have to play it safe and see out the W.

That said Spence's chin is a question mark going into the fight, Brook isn't iron chinned but he's come through more adversity than Spence and is better placed to deal with it. Brook would be better placed in a scenario where both guys hurt each other during the fight.
                      It wasn;t change of tactics either because at the opening round of round 8 Spence was still on wobbly legs.

Comment

Working...
                      X