Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence's chin and recovery time is questionable at worst. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Just because he gets tagged doesn't mean he stumbles around often. When I say he gets tagged, thats a leaky defense. Not chin. Weird strawman.

He has massive hype on this forum. No idea what goes on in your TV.

Where exactly am I not being rational? I'm literally watching his fights right now. It confirms what I said - Great offense in many ways. Good jab and left. Don't think it's better than Brooks and also don't think he's as quick as Brook.

Brook's defense is definitely better right now, but he's also a 37 fight veteran in the pros.

I don't know why you say I'm afraid. I said it's a good fight but favouring Brook to win? Why does that make afraid.

That's just sad dude.
    I have to disagree with you on Spence having a leaky defence. For someone that fights on the front foot the way he does, I have to say his defence is pretty good.

Of course Bundu hit Spence but he also hit Thurman the same way and Keith was on his bike the whole fight. Bundu landed 25% or something like that against Spence, I don't see how that can be regarded as a leaky defence especially when you're bringing the fight to the opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      I have to disagree with you on Spence having a leaky defence. For someone that fights on the front foot the way he does, I have to say his defence is pretty good.

Of course Bundu hit Spence but he also hit Thurman the same way and Keith was on his bike the whole fight. Bundu landed 25% or something like that against Spence, I don't see how that can be regarded as a leaky defence especially when you're bringing the fight to the opponent.
      But he does get tagged quite often. You can agree or disagree, that's just a fact. And if you get hit vs guys like Bundu, you'll get hit vs Brook and it's going to hurt a lot more.

Thurman also has a leaky defense. Nothing new.

Comment

• Spence "gets tagged" less often than most fighters. I guess damn near all fighters have a leaky defense then. Even Mayweather was getting tagged during his PBF days. Spence will likely fight a more measured fight because he respects Brook, and when he sees an opportunity to up his game, he'll take it. I've seen Spence make more adjustments than Brook. That's one of the main reasons why I'm picking Spence. I do fear Brook's sneaky uppercut, that is the punch that could KO Spence.

Comment

• He's not Jesus, he can't dodge everyone's shots at all times. Errol just needs to be responsible enough because Brook does have some genuine pop. He just isn't the slick type but he has improved leaps and bounds since then.

Comment

• Thread bump for everyone.

Comment

• Bump for discussion....

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                But he does get tagged quite often. You can agree or disagree, that's just a fact. And if you get hit vs guys like Bundu, you'll get hit vs Brook and it's going to hurt a lot more.

Thurman also has a leaky defense. Nothing new.
                Not nearly as much as Brook..

If you get hit by the likes of Carson Jones and Shenchenko...you'll get hit by Spence.

Stick to cricket fella'...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oluminati View Post
                  Spence "gets tagged" less often than most fighters. I guess damn near all fighters have a leaky defense then. Even Mayweather was getting tagged during his PBF days. Spence will likely fight a more measured fight because he respects Brook, and when he sees an opportunity to up his game, he'll take it. I've seen Spence make more adjustments than Brook. That's one of the main reasons why I'm picking Spence. I do fear Brook's sneaky uppercut, that is the punch that could KO Spence.

One thing about Spence...he's always in perfect position and balance to punch.

He gets massive leverage on his shots.

Comment

• The Lartey fight showed he had a solid chin, that was a great shot and he didn't go down. He also took some good shots in the Barrera fight.

Comment

• It's boxing anyone can get hurt, I thought Spence took a great shot and seemed like he recovered fairly quick.

If anything I take away from that clip of yours which I already knew in the first place is that, Spence can be hit his style makes him open to it and a good fighter like Brook should be able to find the target whether he can hurt him or not we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                      X