Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Coach on Spence: They Also Said Lacy Was Next Big Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel bad for lacy becoming the official face of hypejobs, he was definately the worst fighter i ever seen receive that sort of hype so it is not entirely undeserved. but its also not on him, nor is he alone.

this is what happens in boxing, fighters get hyped up all the time and fall short. mike jones and sillakh come to mind, i was on those bandwagons. but also accomplished fighters who did well but fell way short of expectation. taylor, pavlik, judah, matthysse etc.

but for some reason when it comes to lacy, all the hype is all of a sudden relevant. ppl are all "ppl said this, ppl said that". yeah.. thats hype, is it new to you somehow? why all of a sudden are the projections more important than the results?

the man lost to every decent fighter he ever faced! taylor got just as bad a beating against wright as lacy did against calzaghe and he got knocked out cold against pavlik, yet when they fight (and taylor pitches a near shut out) lacy is the one who is ruined. same with roy jones, yes, roy.. jones.

the brittish attitude towards lacy is so strange..

ingle is right in a sense, some fighters get hyped up beyond their capabilities. but that could apply to brook just as easily as spence, his resume isnt much better. more importantly its clear as day to anyone who knows anything about boxing that both brook and spence are much better fighters than lacy.

if you watch lacy and spence and come to the conclusion that they are in any way comparable in terms of ability. lay off the opium..

Comment

Spence said it the best. This chump is getting far too much credit for taking a mandatory fight. Had nowhere to run or hide. All I'm going to say is Kell Brooks opponents total 925 losses exactly yet Spence is being called Jeff Lacey?? At the same stage in their careers Spence has fought far better boxers with far better reputations and skillsets. Their numbers are certainly far better too. Lol come on. Wake up and smell the Coffee kids. I am from England and have been saying for years that Kell Brook is the biggest hype job I've ever seen. His age and record tell no lies. I don't want to see any idiots give him credit for taking a mandatory fight that is NOT high risk low reward. It is average risk for any 'boxer' and HIGH (75% split) reward. Spence will destroy him and his reputation in a single night's work mark my words.
      Last edited by Sir_Didymus; 02-15-2017, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
        Cant wait for this fight. Brook by UD. If Spence wins it will propel him to the top of the WW rankings in my book for sure and if he does it with ease the entire division will be put on notice. Kell deserves big respect for taking two tough fights back to back. He could be like most paper champs and avoid his mando but he isn't even though Spence is a high risk low reward type of fight.
        I'm not so sure it is low reward. They're apparently planning to do it in a 30,000 seat stadium, so I guess they think they can sell at least half those tickets. Plus it's definitely going to be on PPV in the UK.

I think there's probably more money in this fight than any other fight available to Kell right now.

Also, what's the worst that's gonna happen if he loses? The Khan fight will still be available (Khan's lost multiple times). Even if he has to eventually accept less money for the Khan fight, it's probably worth it compared to just sitting around til the Khan fight happens. And Brook's not undefeated anymore, so that's not on the line either.

Comment

The scenario is similar. As the predictions for a Spence win tend to be easily and by KO at least I've seen a lot of those kind of predictions.

Get used to that comparison and narrative folks because it is certainly going to be used sell the fight over here.

No casual fan knows Spence in the U.K. so he will be framed as a co.cky American would-be superstar with a world of hype behind him. Even if neither are true.

Some posters are going to get very mad.

Comment

spence is no GGG, kell chin stood up to everything & more from GGG, lets not beat around the bush here,kell took on GGG & came out with alot of credit..
            lets spin the table for a second & ask yourself how spence would have done against GGG?
            KELL BROOK will stop spence,he knows he chin is solid & spence biggest win was against chris algieri,
            brook has way to much & is proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
              I'm from Canada and I remember lots of hype over Jeff Lacy. It's interesting to read all these Americans saying that Lacy wasn't hyped. Haha
              It's funny how much in denial some of these Americans are. The hype around Lacey was real!

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                Its not that he doesn't belong in the fight, it's the opposite. It's a good fight that is being turned into ducker forced to fight the new superstar. Brooks best win is Porter. He went abroad to do it. Did it more clearly than Thurman, when Porter was seen as being very dangerous. Then fights the most dangerous middle. But all you guys mention is Brooks soft mandatories ect. Cherry picking his achievements. Don't call Spence a bum after this.
                I don't just mention that at all, I mention him touching docks on holiday too, something he'd clearly rather be doing than facing Spence but he has too or he losers his belt.

Quit the bs faced the best middle shyt so what, he could have unified versus Vargas and won yet sold his rectum virginity to GGG instead that is if he came back from holiday with it !

Comment

Originally posted by pedro1098 View Post
                  spence is no GGG, kell chin stood up to everything & more from GGG, lets not beat around the bush here,kell took on GGG & came out with alot of credit..
                  lets spin the table for a second & ask yourself how spence would have done against GGG?
                  KELL BROOK will stop spence,he knows he chin is solid & spence biggest win was against chris algieri,
                  brook has way to much & is proven.
                  Nonsense. You can only truly say someone's chin has stood up in boxing when they have lasted the full 12 rounds and gone the distance. His arms were down by his sides, he threw tactics out of the window meaning he knew the knockout was coming, his legs were going, his eye socket was broken which is why the towel flew in. A little longer you would have said nothing of the sorts about his chin when he's laid out. You're clutching at straws there kiddo. You really are. Hearn spun a story and you and a lot of others bought it. Nothing more. Nothing less. He will get exposed. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    I don't just mention that at all, I mention him touching docks on holiday too, something he'd clearly rather be doing than facing Spence but he has too or he losers his belt.

Quit the bs faced the best middle shyt so what, he could have unified versus Vargas and won yet sold his rectum virginity to GGG instead that is if he came back from holiday with it !
                    I'm beginning to think you are the guy with the machete. Losing his belt wouldn't be a big deal these days. He'd be straight in to fight the winner of Liam vs Liam. You sound disappointed that he's fighting Spence. You worried Spence gets derailed or something?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      What a stupid thing to say. So one American boxer who was highly regarded was beaten up and ruined by one of the best UK boxers of all time.Brook isn't half as good as Calzaghe. Spence is ten times faster than Lacy. I think Brook will get KOed again and this time by somebody no bigger than himself. Team Brook might as well do their bragging now because Brook is going to lose two in a row.
                      I fail to see why it isn't fair comment. They both had incredible hype knocking over bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X