Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Coach on Spence: They Also Said Lacy Was Next Big Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember well

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
    They, the armchair experts who have never even hit a bag. Of course they are all wise after the event. But the Lacy hype was real. The supermiddle Mike Tyson was mentioned quite a bit in the run up. After Calzaghe battered him, Lacy went from the hardest puncher in boxing to bum.
    Lacy just beat RobinnReid easier than joe did and everyone was hyping up lacy at that point. Its just like with Spence and algieri! Same desperate hype.

Lacy at least beat some good fighters, spence has been protected like a doll. Usa boxing is pathetic, just look at the inner cities and how weak their demographic is today compared to 30-40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Truth View Post
      Lacy just beat RobinnReid easier than joe did and everyone was hyping up lacy at that point. Its just like with Spence and algieri! Same desperate hype.

Lacy at least beat some good fighters, spence has been protected like a doll. Usa boxing is pathetic, just look at the inner cities and how weak their demographic is today compared to 30-40 years ago.
      You not slick. Who alt is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
        It's almost embarrassing how the fat Yanks deny the comparisons between Jeff Lacy and Herol Spence, Jr. They are clear to see. You are all so sure of an easy win for Herol, when in reality he's looked great knocking over palookas. The only difference between the two, Jeff Lacy was a more accomplished fighter at the time.
        Year it's is frightening what Senchenko, Dan and Bizier would have done to Spence, he doesn't even deserve to be in the ring with Brook

Comment

Haven't read all the comments (yet) but really, is there no one who will say congrats to Brook for stepping up? You know, ONE of the several ones of you who dogged Brook forever it seems for supposedly being chicken to fight Spence.

And no, this isn't about comparing Lacy to Spence. And it's ridiculous so many of you saying that. It's about a hot U.S. based prospect coming to the UK, with all the hype on him, and Brook supposedly being easy to beat. Basically, the same scenario as with Lacy/Calzaghe.

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
          Cant wait for this fight. Brook by UD. If Spence wins it will propel him to the top of the WW rankings in my book for sure and if he does it with ease the entire division will be put on notice. Kell deserves big respect for taking two tough fights back to back. He could be like most paper champs and avoid his mando but he isn't even though Spence is a high risk low reward type of fight.
          Wow, finally someone giving respect where it's due.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
            Spence ain't no lacy you idiots
            Neither was Lacy, until he was.

Pre-Calzaghe, Lacy was an unstoppable monster...then it all came crashing down.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
              Jeff Lacy vs Joe Calzaghe the fight brings back bad memories I was huge Lacy fan he was knocking dudes out I was over confident he was going to win I'm like who the fuk is Joe Calzaghe he going to get destroyed I learned that day who he was.Lacy was a good fighter not a hype job.Why they bringing up old **** that ain't got nothing to do with this fight
              Its because most of these fools now refer to Lacy as a bum, which we all know he's not, to discredit Calzaghe. Just want it all written down for when they call Spence a bum because they don't like Brook. It's just what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                Year it's is frightening what Senchenko, Dan and Bizier would have done to Spence, he doesn't even deserve to be in the ring with Brook
                Its not that he doesn't belong in the fight, it's the opposite. It's a good fight that is being turned into ducker forced to fight the new superstar. Brooks best win is Porter. He went abroad to do it. Did it more clearly than Thurman, when Porter was seen as being very dangerous. Then fights the most dangerous middle. But all you guys mention is Brooks soft mandatories ect. Cherry picking his achievements. Don't call Spence a bum after this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Oh there they go. There they go.

Every time I start talking about boxing a Brit got to pull Jeff Lacy out they ass. That's their one, that's their one.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Haven't read all the comments (yet) but really, is there no one who will say congrats to Brook for stepping up? You know, ONE of the several ones of you who dogged Brook forever it seems for supposedly being chicken to fight Spence.

And no, this isn't about comparing Lacy to Spence. And it's ridiculous so many of you saying that. It's about a hot U.S. based prospect coming to the UK, with all the hype on him, and Brook supposedly being easy to beat. Basically, the same scenario as with Lacy/Calzaghe.

Wow, finally someone giving respect where it's due.
                    So you want people to give Brook props for fighting his mandatory? Which is the only thing he has done anyway since he became welterweight champ. I'll give him as much props for taking this fight as I did for him taking on his other mandatories

Comment

you don't even have to mention lacy really

nearly every ''expert'' on here said brook wouldn't make it past the 6th vs porter

Comment

Working...
                      X