Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Lara Already Beat Canelo, Golovkin Will Beat Him Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder stirring the hornets nest rather than fight someone with a pulse.

Comment

The 117-111 score clearly shows that one judge was paid off, much like when Canelo fought Floyd where one judge scored it even, in a shutout.

In my eyes, Lara deserved the win, as he was the only one that landed any meaningful shots. Canelo landed 50 or 60 body shots, with less than 10 head shots. Not enough to win. Lara has a style that judges hate, but it is not illegal.

As far as Lara vs GGG, I would love to see it. Lara has called GGG out multiple times, has asked for no catchweight, but no call from team GGG. Lara is more of a name than 95% of GGG's opponents, so they can't use that excuse. I would favor GGG, but closer than any of his bouts so far.

Comment

The fight was a draw. Lara was dictating the fight up until he got caught and cut by Canelo mid rounds.

This was Lara own fault. He was given a major opportunity and he didn't seize it.

GGG when given the opportunity to fight Canelo will not let the moment pass him by in my opinion and not back down to Canelo the way Lara did when he got cut.

Comment

i saw it twice and i thought Lara won it close but moved to dam much and that made him look bad. canelo did some good inside work but was swing at the air alot. lil G ko's canelo in 4.

Comment

1.) Even if Lara won, it was a one point fight,in either direction. I'm fine with that. Not like he put on some master class lol. It's not one of those fights you go bragging around town about.

2.) Lara beating Canelo has no bearing on Canelo-Lil G. Why would he even make the correlation?

Comment

It's not about whether he won it's a matter of whether he won enough clear decisive rounds that no sane person could gift to the cash cow. And the answer is no. You won't get a decision over the golden goose fighting like that.

Comment

Lara beat Canelo, "two-pieces with the biscuit" all night long!

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  The 117-111 score clearly shows that one judge was paid off, much like when Canelo fought Floyd where one judge scored it even, in a shutout.

In my eyes, Lara deserved the win, as he was the only one that landed any meaningful shots. Canelo landed 50 or 60 body shots, with less than 10 head shots. Not enough to win. Lara has a style that judges hate, but it is not illegal.

As far as Lara vs GGG, I would love to see it. Lara has called GGG out multiple times, has asked for no catchweight, but no call from team GGG. Lara is more of a name than 95% of GGG's opponents, so they can't use that excuse. I would favor GGG, but closer than any of his bouts so far.
                  Lara ran the whole fight because he was dead scared to get hit by Nelo.
                  Those few head shots Nelo landed had Lara cut, bleeding and retreating.

On that alone you would see why Nelo scored the victory.

Comment

Unfortunately the way boxing is set up, unless you ko Canelo you're not getting a win over him. Even if you outbox and Outland him you'll lose by at least a 9 rounds to 3 margin on the scorecards .

Comment

It was a really close fight but I think Canelo rightfully got the nod. I had money on Lara winning the fight but was disappointed when after his 1st 3 rounds masterclass, he shut off completely.

Everyone says that effective aggression wins rounds. Whilst Canelo didn't really exhibit a lot of this, he won the fight based on any aggression being better than no aggression at all.

For me, Lara is the biggest disappointment of all active boxers. He absolutely has the skills set and technique to give anyone a boxing lesson but he just doesn't seem to have the heart or professionalism. If he fought with a bit more urgency then I've no doubt he'd be somewhere in everyone's p4p list right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X