No announcement yet.

Stop comparing Ward to Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop comparing Ward to Floyd...

Say what you want about Floyd - but the man is a legend, and a top 5 ATG.

What makes him such an ATG? Aside from his resume, he did what true greats do - when they face adversity, and arguably are beaten (which, let's be honest, JLC did beat Floyd the first time), they go RIGHT BACK INTO THE FIRE, and prove their mettle - sink or swim - they tackle the challenge, and give the fans what they want...

Both times Floyd faced adversity in the ring, and people say he lost, he immediately rematch both (don't even think he was obligated to rematch either time).

JLC first fight he lost, but he stepped right back in there, and clearly beat him in the rematch!

Maidana fight where Floyd looked vulnerable for the first time in a decade (since the JLC fight, TBH), what did he do? Stepped right back in the fire, and won a clear UD. The first Maidana fight really wasn't even that controversial, IMO. It was a close, but clear victory for Floyd. STILL, Floyd did what true champions do.

Ward just doesn't have this mentality... He knows he caught lightening in a bottle with the judges decision, and he ain't willing to put it all on the line, at the drop of a dime, like Floyd... #HOE_CAKE.

Whether you like Floyd or not. You have to give him credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post

What makes him such an ATG? Aside from his resume, he did what true greats do - when they face adversity, and arguably are beaten (which, let's be honest, JLC did beat Floyd the first time), they go RIGHT BACK INTO THE FIRE, and prove their mettle - sink or swim - they tackle the challenge, and give the fans what they want...

Both times Floyd faced adversity in the ring, and people say he lost, he immediately rematch both (don't even think he was obligated to rematch either time).

JLC first fight he lost, but he stepped right back in there, and clearly beat him in the rematch!

Maidana fight where Floyd looked vulnerable for the first time in a decade (since the JLC fight, TBH), what did he do? Stepped right back in the fire, and won a clear UD. The first Maidana fight really wasn't even that controversial, IMO. It was a close, but clear victory for Floyd. STILL, Floyd did what true champions do.

Ward just doesn't have this mentality... He knows he caught lightening in a bottle with the judges decision, and he ain't willing to put it all on the line, at the drop of a dime, like Floyd... #HOE_CAKE.
      No on credible compares the two, the only thing they have in common is being olympians and being black.

Only race baiters try to make stretch-ass connections for the sake of an agenda.

Lomachenko has more in common with Floyd than Ward.

Comment

Lol Floyd goes right back to a rematch after a controversial win.
        Ward thinking about retirement after a gift decision

Holy shlt. Don't ever compare Ward to Floyd. EVER

Comment

amazing how much more appreciated a fighter is when they retire

Comment

Yes, Ward is nowhere near Floyd's level. Floyd got natural talent, athleticism and mentality of the winner, and that mentality made him figthing Castillo and Maidana the second time. I'm not saying Ward is scared of rematch, but Floyd is the perfect example of how real champion and ATG should act and build his career

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            amazing how much more appreciated a fighter is when they retire
            Been supporting Mayweather since day one, when he was active

And when I read his interviews he's saying a lot of things I agree with. Mayweather and Pernell Whitaker always been my favorite fighters who's not active at the moment

That being said, I don't think that Ward has to give Kovalev the rematch
            Last edited by g27region; 02-10-2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post

Every single fighter truly is different. I don't think either of them are big on entertaining the crowd, which is why so many people compare them. Style wise, they're nothing alike. Mayweather did give both fighters an immediate rematch which is commendable. I think most people, including Showtime, really wanted him to fight Maidana again. I thought the fight was very close and was fun to watch. Ward has to give Kovalev the rematch or it will haunt him forever.

Comment

Andre tries to be or atleast copy Floyd, that should say something..
                Also Floyd is arguably the best fighter to have come about in the last decade..

Comment

I still think Wards going to fight Kovalev again. I think he's using retirement as leverage to get the best deal possible.

Comment

FLoyd beats people by wider margins than ward. Gets hit less, lands just as much, didn't tie up as much used footwork instead.

Foyd would be rushing to sign the rematch.....ward is embarrassing himself and AMerian boxing right now

Comment

Working...
                    X