No announcement yet.

I think WK beats Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
    Lots of people making out that Wlad would win for sure a few years back, i'm not convinced it's a formality.

Joshua could turn out to be the best opponent he has faced in his long career, obviously this and the next few fights will say a lot but even at this stage is it really outrageous to say Joshua is better than Fury, Povetkin, or Haye?
    Yes it is outrageous, he's not proven yet, how can you dismiss a decade of proven championship material and talent. Maybe he'll win and then prove it later down the road, but right now...at this minute...no way is he better than Wlad or Fury, not even Haye.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Yes it is outrageous, he's not proven yet, how can you dismiss a decade of proven championship material and talent. Maybe he'll win and then prove it later down the road, but right now...at this minute...no way is he better than Wlad or Fury, not even Haye.
      I think you misunderstood what I said, I'm not saying he's greater than Wlad legacy wise now i'm just saying it's not a formality that Wlad a few years back would beat Joshua like people are saying.

But why is it outrageous to say he is better than Fury and Haye? Fury has a great win over Wladimir, who is a totally different style to Joshua so yes he is more proven based on one win, Joshua's performance against him remains to be seen so I don't think it's outrageous since Fury doesn't have any other great wins or defences as the champ.

Haye's reputation as a top HW is partly based on his cruiserweight gold dust, lets look at his heavyweight wins:

Chisora, Valuev, Ruiz, Audley, Barrett..... If Joshua was 18-0 with these wins people would still say he is unproven hype going into the Wladimir fight, Haye got a pass because of what he did as a cruiserweight.
      Last edited by Caught Square; 02-11-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        I'm leaning towards Wlad also, but he has been looking gun shy lately

60/40 for Wlad IMO
        I agree. If he looks anything like he did against Fury, AJ will run right through him. Hopefully Wlad got a wake up call from that performance.

Comment

• AJ is going down.

Comment

• I'm picking AJ, he has looked amazing so far he would destroy Fury, Wilder but I don't give AJ a 100% chance of beating Wladimir, Wladimir is the most dangerous opponent for him to fight but If he beats him he will unify the HW division.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              You don't feel this is a crossroads type fight where the younger guy could be found out ?
              It is possible but unlikely. I think we have seen enough scenarios where WK can be beaten. He has his style which he used for long but we know he can be unsettled. There is a way to get past his defense and if you can hit him a bit he can not adjust. AJ doesn't just hit, he explodes in your face, he is equally big but maybe stronger, he is faster and always has the first mover advantage. Having said that, the heavyweight only takes one punch to change the fight and we don't know how much AJ can take a shot.

Comment

• AJ is getting outboxed and knocked the fook out. He doesn't have the skills to beat Wladimir. Punchers chance, that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                  It is possible but unlikely. I think we have seen enough scenarios where WK can be beaten. He has his style which he used for long but we know he can be unsettled. There is a way to get past his defense and if you can hit him a bit he can not adjust. AJ doesn't just hit, he explodes in your face, he is equally big but maybe stronger, he is faster and always has the first mover advantage. Having said that, the heavyweight only takes one punch to change the fight and we don't know how much AJ can take a shot.
                  Explodes in your face ? Jesus Christ ! Dude this ain't some gay **** flick, AJ has been 'exploding on faces of the likes of Whyte and Molina absolute D level scrubs Arthur Szpilka would beat these guys, Wlad does have a defence, you are aware right ?

Comment

• Will be a 2-3 round massacre poor old Wlad is in a world of trouble here. Against a man just as big and strong, and with equal reach he fights a man with all the tools to nullify his jab, grab and lean tactics. Even a prime Wlad would be in the brown stuff against AJ, this faded version will be blown away and pretty quickly. Ultimately at no point in his career would Wlad's suspect mandible stand up to the kind of power Joshua brings, so not sure how anyone thinks an aging slowing version of Wlad has a snowball in hell's chance. This fight will be a huge anti-climax, and in the aftermath all we will hear is how did anyone seriously think that Wlad so old and bad he lost to Tyson Fury 18 months ago while barely throwing a punch really had a chance against a young monstrous punching lion like Joshua.

Comment

• Anthony Joshua is getting KTFO April 29th and all you casuals and casual London fans of his will be crying.

AJ been fighting bum after bum after bum. Klitschko will be fighting for pride not money (which is a bonus & he doesn't need the $$$£££)

Hearn will have a BIG smile on his face and will be collecting his 20%.

Comment

Working...
                      X