No announcement yet.

I think WK beats Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
    I was rewatching Joshua-Molina the other night and AJ keeps his right hand up guarded very well and I'm sure he would be aware of Klitschko's leaping left hook.

Reason why I think WK beats AJ is because Wlad is very technical and has a lot of experience, AJ hasn't faced anyone like Klitschko before who is very rounded defensive in techniques.

And lets be honest, only reason why WK lost to Tyson Fury was because he hadn't fought someone who was bigger than him, moved around a lot, had good footwork and an awkward unorthodox style.

Joshua is different, he's a powerhouse so he's quite like stiff and stands up tall to fight, if he goes in with that sort of gameplan like Pulev, WK will win this.

But its going to be an interesting fight, hopefully I'm wrong because I like AJ really much
    The tell tale signs Klitschko was slowing were their for all to see versus Jennings and Pulev way before the Fury fight, the size difference and fluid movement by Fury only emphasised more that Wlad was slowing yet still.

It is difficult to determine if Wlad has a lot left has we haven't seen him since the Fury fight 18 months since by the time he fights again. Fury may just be a stylistic nightmare and Wlad has plenty in the tank, he got by Jennings and Pulev whilst in a state of decline maybe be will Joshua. One thing I believe is we wouldn't be giving Joshua a shot if this was prime Wlad so yeh fact he's on the wane makes it an interesting fight and likely a competitive one, no way Joshua beats a prime Wlad period.

If Klitschko has retained some of his foot speed he wins thism, his power won't fail him as he'll be able to land the jab and the right will follow as it always has.

How does Joshua train for this guy, Klitschko can find plenty of slow lumbering jack ass dimwits.

Comment

• joshua wilder is the real championship fight with the truth teller tyson fury waiting in the wings for all the marbles.

Comment

• Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
        If he can tie and frustrate AJ for 8 rounds the fight is his. AJ has terrible stamina and no footwork. I can't believe no one has picked up on this during commentary on his fights, Malignaggi actually brought it up during the Whyte fight and said he's too stiff, but he was quickly shut down by Jim Watt and spoken over, as though it's illegal to point out any flaws, and I guarantee he'll be lynched by the British press if he loses. There's no middle ground with Brits, they either hail someone as one of the greatest British boxers (Khan) or tear them down and mock them (Eubank Sr)
        I don't think it would take that long.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          The tell tale signs Klitschko was slowing were their for all to see versus Jennings and Pulev way before the Fury fight, the size difference and fluid movement by Fury only emphasised more that Wlad was slowing yet still.

It is difficult to determine if Wlad has a lot left has we haven't seen him since the Fury fight 18 months since by the time he fights again. Fury may just be a stylistic nightmare and Wlad has plenty in the tank, he got by Jennings and Pulev whilst in a state of decline maybe be will Joshua. One thing I believe is we wouldn't be giving Joshua a shot if this was prime Wlad so yeh fact he's on the wane makes it an interesting fight and likely a competitive one, no way Joshua beats a prime Wlad period.

If Klitschko has retained some of his foot speed he wins thism, his power won't fail him as he'll be able to land the jab and the right will follow as it always has.

How does Joshua train for this guy, Klitschko can find plenty of slow lumbering jack ass dimwits.

How can he retain something he never had??

He's been a mummy from day1

Comment

• prime vs prime its not a close fight

however this is a hopkins-esque situation where an older fighter has been on a long break and thinks he can come back and take up where he left off... wlad is probably going to be painfully rusty

taking time off when youre 25 might give your body time, but i think at 40+ the activity is the only thing that keeps them going

Comment

• Comment

• Lots of people making out that Wlad would win for sure a few years back, i'm not convinced it's a formality.

Joshua could turn out to be the best opponent he has faced in his long career, obviously this and the next few fights will say a lot but even at this stage is it really outrageous to say Joshua is better than Fury, Povetkin, or Haye?

Comment

• (My gut feeling tells me that Joshua, could easily blast Wladimir Kiltschko out inside 1-2 rounds!) But when i sit back and analyse this fight from a technical perspective? Kiltschko has better movement, and a by far superior jab than Joshua! and if he can establish these attributes, and take this fight into the second half? he could start landing straight right hands, and 1-2's! as Joshua's own movement becomes static, just like it did when he fought Dillian Whyte.....

Anthony Joshua has proven that he can fight, but has he really proven that he can box? even when he won his Olympic Gold medal, he was messy and all over the show! (There was not much sweet science in his performances)...

Comment

• wlad beating aj should not be a surprise for anybody. Wlad is an atg.

Thing is, I think Wlads inactivity and age will play into AJs fast improving hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post

How can he retain something he never had??

He's been a mummy from day1
                      Don't get upset, sensitive and track me thread to thread because I said GGG would ice Jacobs, dude has been dropped by likes of Mora.

Wlad has always been light on his feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X