Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Says Golovkin Given Good Offer, Not Being Reasonable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    This is my problem with this.. Fans can make a claim that X is a good payday he should take it etc but if there is more to be had than our lack of boxing business knowledge we turn a blind eye to it.. In history to get a fight made even the A-side have shelled out more money(e.g. Wlad-Haye).. So Canelo can have his 15mil & GGG can move up in weight & fight other legit champs & I'll be fine with it..
    i would be fine too,just sayn 1m buys is 70M pluse 10 from gates its 80, 45% for TV ist 36m for fighters ,15GG and 21 Canelo ,seems good to be ,Pluse TV rights from theyr countrys

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Yes. That's what fighters like Maidana, Guerrero, Clottey etc took against Mayweather/Pacquiao for big selling fights. You know why they took it? Because it was a great ****ing deal for them. Nobody as far as i know has ever turned down 5x their highest payday. I made a thread about it and over 100 posts nobody has named 1.
      The guys you mentioned are solid top 10 not elite.. So they stand to make that much money.. Thank God you are not a boxing promoter & not in the business.. you'd have been like this guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
        mayweather gave into everything with dlh. i dont remember manny *****ing about money when he signed vs barrera.

GGG is 35 already and by his own words, kell brook from 2 weight classes below is the best fighter he ever faced.

time for GGG to suck it up and make the fight.

Canelo has already fought mayweather, cotto, lara, trout, mosley ect. Of course he demands more purse, he has more fans and has fought big names. He is almost 10 years younger than GGG and look at the difference in their resumes.
        Floyd got a cut of the PPV revenue which at the time was the biggest PPV in history. That's all anyone's asking for. Even when Canelo fought Floyd with 0 PPV experience he got a cut of the revenue too.

Comment

This is my problem with this.. Fans can make a claim that X is a good payday he should take it etc but if there is more to be had than our lack of boxing business knowledge we turn a blind eye to it.. In history to get a fight made even the A-side have shelled out more money(e.g. Wlad-Haye).. So Canelo can have his 15mil & GGG can move up in weight & fight other legit champs & I'll be fine with it..

not sure which I expect to happen first, above or:

Comment

The guys you mentioned are solid top 10 not elite.. So they stand to make that much money.. Thank God you are not a boxing promoter & not in the business.. you'd have been like this guy...

Maybe not Elite still this PPVs sold more then Canelo vs GGG will probably sell

Comment

• Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
              i would be fine too,just sayn 1m buys is 70M pluse 10 from gates its 80, 45% for TV ist 36m for fighters ,15GG and 21 Canelo ,seems good to be ,Pluse TV rights from theyr countrys
              in all honesty.. I doubt this would have 1mil buys.. Cotto-Canelo struggled to make 1mil.. People have not recovered from 02-May-2015 yet..

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                And is Canelo ready to fight Golovkin now?

Because if he isn't, then you accusing GGG of ducking him is absurd. Golovkin has Canelo's WBC MW belt, and nobody ever took a champion's belt away by ducking him.
                Boxing politics take champions belts away all the time, which is why lineal is a thing. But again you're going back to the past, Golovkin has a great offer that he won't accept.

Comment

Anyway there is a reason GGG is waiting araound so i belive it will happen down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    not sure which I expect to happen first, above or:

Well I'm hoping after he is done at MW & that seems logical.. But if BJS is holding it hostage & doesn't get the fight this year then next year I'll hope to see him at 168..
                    THat's all I can do as a fan, hope..

Comment

Boxing splits are decided by how much you draw, not how good you are. I can't believe this has to be told to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X