Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson's Trainer Picks Thurman in Boxing Match, Garcia in Dogfight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson's Trainer Picks Thurman in Boxing Match, Garcia in Dogfight

Barry Hunter doesn't have a pick for the March 4 unification bout between welterweight titleholders Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman. That's because it depends. "If it's a boxing match, I think Thurman. If it's a dogfight, then I think it's for Danny," said Hunter, who trains Lamont Peterson and Rau'shee Warren, among others. "Danny is a better fighter as far as going toe-to-toe. Thurman, people don't give him enough credit for his boxing ability. I think he is a better boxer than an inside fighter. Both of those guys have amateur pedigrees. Danny can box also. But I just think he's a stronger fighter than he is a boxer."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would say just the opposite and 1 other thing Garcia''s face especially around his eyes have Tendencies to get swollen & puffy I've rarely seen Thurman even b close 2 swelling on his face ...different bone structure...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      I would say just the opposite and 1 other thing Garcia''s face especially around his eyes have Tendencies to get swollen & puffy I've rarely seen Thurman even b close 2 swelling on his face ...different bone structure...

Your point about scar tissue around Garcia's face is spot on (although he has a great chin), but I think Barry has this 100% correct, and that is why I think Garcia will win the fight. Keith is a very reactionary fighter. His opponents usually dictate the style of his fights. Garcia is just a very smart fighter. Very focused guy in the ring. I see him turning it into his kind of fight and winning the UD.

But I will add that if Garcia get's a cut early he could lose by TKO.

Comment

Garcia wins because he has the ability to dictate fights..keefs heart turns into the size of a pea in a fight while Garcias grows..Swift presses him into a fight and beats his ass.

Comment

IDK why people are making a big deal for Danny he is going to loose this fight, this is an easy win for ONE TIME and he will finally exposed Garcia for the fraud he is

Comment

Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
            IDK why people are making a big deal for Danny he is going to loose this fight, this is an easy win for ONE TIME and he will finally exposed Garcia for the fraud he is
            won't be an easy fight for either guy. true 50/50 matchup, imo. danny is really good, not great, but finds a way to rise to the occasion more often than not. thurman has looked as impressive as he's stepped up the competition. no idea who wins this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
              idk why people are making a big deal for danny he is going to loose this fight, this is an easy win for one time and he will finally exposed garcia for the fraud he is
              at least danny didnt drop his belt like a scared ***** like canela did hahahaha....

Comment

i read on another site about how that writer thinks garcia will win because hes fighting thurman at the right time,, garcia has been active and thurman hasnt.. he said thurman looked heavy while garcia looked fit.. thurman is training to lose weight and he feels he wont be as prepared as garcia... who knows but i read that article yesterday at boxing news 24 . com

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  i read on another site about how that writer thinks garcia will win because hes fighting thurman at the right time,, garcia has been active and thurman hasnt.. he said thurman looked heavy while garcia looked fit.. thurman is training to lose weight and he feels he wont be as prepared as garcia... who knows but i read that article yesterday at boxing news 24 . com
                  Thurman also had a knee brace on.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                    at least danny didnt drop his belt like a scared ***** like canela did hahahaha....
                    this is not about canelo why do you always bring the sam sh3it up

Comment

Working...
                    X