No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Kell will need a lot more than noise to help him against Spence.
    Hehe, yesss Kigali, I knew you'd be there with a response!

As I've said before, I have no problem giving Spence props if he gets the win, hell he deserves applause just for travelling outside his comfort zone.

But if Brook wins fair and square, you really do need to show some respect, cos you been hatin on him like pro

Peace!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      not arguing, because that is a good point, but.....

most can see Spence's upside, and he is young..... if Brook beats him, he will have the rest of his career to correct that result and carve a legacy for himself.....

..... like Canelo is doing following on from the Mayweather loss

Canelo will be a GREAT win for Mayweather, because Mayweather looks better every time Canelo fights..... if Canelo eventually beats Golovkin - which is possible - that will reflect very well on Mayweather

this is actually a difficult position for Brook.....

1) his struggle to make 147 is well documented, and it is obvious..... but, despite the fact that it is almost certainly the right time for him to move up to 154..... he would be castigated for doing so, and accused of ducking Spence

2) it will be even more difficult for him to make 147 this time around, especially considering how badly he fk'd up the weight against Golovkin..... giving him a built-in excuse if he loses, but handing him back-to-back losses before moving up to a division that will be difficult to impact on
      Good point. Brook would have got slated for not taking the Spence fight and also would have lost his title. Also the only real money fight at 154 is Cotto and I dont see that happening.

Just out of interest, what makes you say that he screwed the weight up so badly against Golovkin?

Comment

very good fight for both. lets see who khan's next opponent is. whoever it may be they are knocking him out. that chin is vapor

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Khan fought Paulie, Maidana, Peterson, Garcia, and Judah in a span of two years. Khan has never run from tough challenges. Kell....Chaves, Alexander, Rios, Vargas, Bradley.....Just can't seem to make a big fight happen
          Those happened 6+ years ago mate. Step into reality.

lol at Brook running from those guys You can't be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            very good fight for both. lets see who khan's next opponent is. whoever it may be they are knocking him out. that chin is vapor
            Excellent fight for both , one I will definitely be at.

Shah Khan could be his next opponent (his dad) who's currently walking around at 16st. but I'm told if he can get down to Khan's favourite catch weight 155 lbs he's the man .

Comment

First, if this happens, props to both dudes.

Too many young fighters are so carefully matched that they become "champions," even unified champs, or two division champs, without every facing a serious test, or jeopardizing that "0"

This is a serious test.

My initial impression is that Spence is too green for this, so I favor Brook. But Spence has that high p4p potential, so maybe he demonstrates it here.

Comment

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
                First, if this happens, props to both dudes.

Too many young fighters are so carefully matched that they become "champions," even unified champs, or two division champs, without every facing a serious test, or jeopardizing that "0"

This is a serious test.

My initial impression is that Spence is too green for this, so I favor Brook. But Spence has that high p4p potential, so maybe he demonstrates it here.
                This is a serious test....

Where would that man in your picture be in the all time p4p ratings had he not been taken so young ....I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Everybody is so concerned about Brook's health if he cuts back down to 147. Where was this concern for his health when he moved up two weight classes to fight GGG? And he's only fought at 160 once. Less than a year ago he was fighting at 147. This isn't like Oscar who came back down to 147 after 8 years of not fighting at that weight. Way to much is being made of this weight situation. If you weren't worried about him moving up to fight the most dangerous middleweight in the sport, you not really worried about him making 147
                  We are not discussing growing flowers. Cutting weight and how you do it is boxing. Chavez Canelo is all about weight.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPath View Post
                    Hehe, yesss Kigali, I knew you'd be there with a response!

As I've said before, I have no problem giving Spence props if he gets the win, hell he deserves applause just for travelling outside his comfort zone.

But if Brook wins fair and square, you really do need to show some respect, cos you been hatin on him like pro

Peace!
                    If Brook beats Spence he'll get nothing but praise from me.

Comment

Depending on if Brook comes in healthy at 147, he would stop Spence rather easily...

Spence has a biscuit for a chin and has a magnet in his face for straight rights.

Comment

Working...
                      X