No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redmish View Post
    This is one of the best fights in boxing right now. Can't wait for it but, I notice lots of you writing brook off. He'll be fit, strong and massive at the weight. Spence is really talented but this is easily the toughest night of his career so far. IF he comes through, the hype is justified. Brook by late stoppage in an excellent fight.
    Makes total sense.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
      This is one of the best fights in boxing right now. Can't wait for it but, I notice lots of you writing brook off. He'll be fit, strong and massive at the weight. Spence is really talented but this is easily the toughest night of his career so far. IF he comes through, the hype is justified. Brook by late stoppage in an excellent fight.
      Brook had his hands full with Carson Jones and got hurt by Shenchenko.

Spence by early stoppage.
      He has a good night's sleep in both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        Which pasting do you most prefer on his 'fantastic' resume I particularly like the 54 second annihilation in his debut PPV ...that went down a treat in the boozer.I bet you yours is his last fight where he was knocked cold at a weight he said he'd never felt better.Or...or is it the one where he was knocked from pillar to post and down three times all over the place .....remember when he schooled Garcia .The same Garcia according to Khan who is running from him .I suppose the best part is when he ran Floyd Mayweather out of town...lol....the idiot is undefendable inside and outside the ring .....get out of here!

ps. Don't forget when the man in the hat beat him!!!!
        Maidana, Paulie, Judah, Garcia, Peterson. While Khan was "running" who was Kell fighting?

Comment

Good match up... I hope it happens.

Comment

Glad this fight is close to being made.

It took 10 years for Brook to finally get his title shot, and he won it the hard way... in the Champion's house - yeh the Porter fight weren't pretty, but Brook got the job done on foreign soil, and whilst Jones/Senchenk proved that he's definitely vulnerable, there ain't a ww on the planet that can 'bully' him.

It's a shame guys judge Brook's career/talent on 2 fights, but here's a thought: consider Porter's subsequent performances against Broner and Thurman? And consider GGG's face after those 5 rounds against Brook - correct me if I'm wrong guys but was GGG as marked up by any other mw as he was after those 5 rounds with Brook? I dunno.

I know that the IBF belt means A WHOLE LOT to Kell Brook, more than people realise - maybe because his journey took so damn long; I think the belt holds more personal value to him right now than a move to 154.

I know that, whenever they fight, Brook will be ready to defend his prize, and it will be the turn of Spence - who's never fought outside North America - to come to the Champion's house. In the UK. Where they make a whole different kind of noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Maidana, Paulie, Judah, Garcia, Peterson. While Khan was "running" who was Kell fighting?
              Nobody ....likes us all ....just sat there laughing!

Comment

Originally posted by RedPath View Post
                Glad this fight is close to being made.

It took 10 years for Brook to finally get his title shot, and he won it the hard way... in the Champion's house - yeh the Porter fight weren't pretty, but Brook got the job done on foreign soil, and whilst Jones/Senchenk proved that he's definitely vulnerable, there ain't a ww on the planet that can 'bully' him.

It's a shame guys judge Brook's career/talent on 2 fights, but here's a thought: consider Porter's subsequent performances against Broner and Thurman? And consider GGG's face after those 5 rounds against Brook - correct me if I'm wrong guys but was GGG as marked up by any other mw as he was after those 5 rounds with Brook? I dunno.

I know that the IBF belt means A WHOLE LOT to Kell Brook, more than people realise - maybe because his journey took so damn long; I think the belt holds more personal value to him right now than a move to 154.

I know that, whenever they fight, Brook will be ready to defend his prize, and it will be the turn of Spence - who's never fought outside North America - to come to the Champion's house. In the UK. Where they make a whole different kind of noise.
                Kell will need a lot more than noise to help him against Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Brook had his hands full with Carson Jones and got hurt by Shenchenko.

Spence by early stoppage.
                  He has a good night's sleep in both hands.
                  Brook changed everything after the first Jones fight. He realised how tough the sport is that night and dealt with him easily in the rematch. Shenchenko was a decent fighter, not top world level but not bad either. I think it's the body shot your thinking of and, if it is, that can happen to any fighter. The fact is he came through them moments without losing. Don't get me wrong, I like spence and can see him giving brook big problems but I believe brook will cause him bigger problems. I'm just pleased these fights are getting made.

Comment

Bulking up from 147 to 160 and then back to 147 to fight someone like Spence is going to be a disaster. It's not even close to a smart or even tough move. It's neither. Brook is shaving years away from his prime by doing this. He needs to go to 154, I know he's thinking about Troll Khan's suggestion that if he beats Spence they could fight but Khan already said that since Brook fought GGG that he wants to fight him, then moved the goal post again to Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Bulking up from 147 to 160 and then back to 147 to fight someone like Spence is going to be a disaster. It's not even close to a smart or even tough move. It's neither. Brook is shaving years away from his prime by doing this. He needs to go to 154, I know he's thinking about Troll Khan's suggestion that if he beats Spence they could fight but Khan already said that since Brook fought GGG that he wants to fight him, then moved the goal post again to Spence.
                      Who is Kell beating at 154????

Comment

Working...
                      X