Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Deal is Very Close, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Brook can make 147. He moved up too far, but he had to move up, and going back to 147 will only take him back to his first problem. Near starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      I don't think Brook can make 147. He moved up too far, but he had to move up, and going back to 147 will only take him back to his first problem. Near starvation.
      No he didn't.

He didn't have to fight GGG at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        So did Algeri and especially Bundu.
        He hit Bundu in the head and KO'd him.

Don't just think chin....think Ribs.

Spence has some mean bodyshots.
        Spence doesn't hit harder than Golovkin, 99.9% sure on that.

Comment

Brook will be the perfect opponent to expose Spence's poor defense. Guy has no lateral movement, no head movement and gets hit way too often. Spence can affford to do that against bums who can't even pop a bubble with a Katana, but against someone with respectable power like Brook, Spence will be punished if he comes out like he usually does.

Comment

hopefully this is true. if not, and kell drops, eddie hearn back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Surprised that Brook would take this fight. Not because I think he's scared but because it's high risk, low reward. The Golovkin fight was the opposite. Too bad he broke his face in that fight.
              I expected him to go to 154 and wouldn't blame him if he did, but then you have to think about what big money fights are there?

I doubt we'll see Canelo back at 154 and although there's some great fights to be made at 154 from a boxing perspective, the bigger money is down at 147.

He has the potential Khan fight at 147, maybe the Thurman v Garcia winner but he still needs his belt which means he has to fight Spence to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Have to see what they look like side by side before I make any predictions.

Spence has been able to physically manhandle everyone he's fought, he's always been the bigger stronger guy. If he can't do that with brook he could be in for a hard night though. Brook won't panic under pressure.

I remember spence had a fight maybe 2 years ago or so where he fought going backwards and he looked pretty clueless, and beatable.
                I remember Brook fighting Carson Jones and looking all busted up and confused.

I also remember him getting hurt by Malinaggi leftover Shenchenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  As far as i know, he's been in training since December to get the weight down. Obviously no sparring because of the eye but he was in Spain in December or January training.

Comment

I think pride will destroy Brook in this fight! He's going to starve, and then he's going to pay for it! On top of that, he's going to pay more than the 25% to get his azz whooped!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      I remember Brook fighting Carson Jones and looking all busted up and confused.

I also remember him getting hurt by Malinaggi leftover Shenchenko.
                      Yeah, fighters who fight tougher opposition will have tough moments in their careers.

Thats how it works. Most of the time brook found ways to win though which is what matters, that experience matters.

What have we seen spence overcome?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Error

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
                      Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.