Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kovalev / Duva DON'T Accept Ward's terms, then Kova was content with the Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward would be the laughing stock of the world if he retires and don't show any effort in making this rematch happen, a non-lucrative rematch where everybody knows won't justify Ward's unrealistic demands. Kov and Duva are basically at Ward's disposal. Hell, Kov will probably do it for less than $1 mil.

Ball is sitting squarely on Ward's lap. Only he can make the fight happen. Nobody else. Won't happen if he's expecting to be guaranteed $5 mil again. I don't even know what this guy is thinking. Thurman vs Porter fight alone would blow this rematch out of the water. $1.4 mil for Keith, $1 mil for Porter.

Comment

THe best part is when Ward and Floyd haters exploit Floyd's latest comments about the fight, yet when Floyd gave reason to beating Pac, these same clowns said Floyd lost. wtf is up with casuals?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Lets say it is at 30% for the sake of argument. Every time you buy something you are taxed, except real estate...that adds about 10% on that 30%...And unless you shelter the money in a structured Life Insurance contract, or anuity that is well designed? guess what you pay on any profits?

When you have money on the table, as earned income you get taxed to death... thats a fact. Now having said that? the 30% low end of your figure is unrealistic. ill let you figure out what it amounts to...hint: its way over 50%.

Do you know how LLC's work? Hint: they are not a tax shelter, they are a liability shelter. Yes, accountants help. There are ways to minimize. The biggest problem is that earned income is money that the IRS gets a look at. Our society, very unjustly taxes earned income at a premium.
        State sales tax is an offset to federal income taxes. I don't have any idea what Ward's books look like, but his tax burden is nowhere near 50%. Warren Buffet's tax bill, when all is said and done, doesn't even get up to 20%.

An LLC that is set under a corporate structure has more tax benefits than you've even considered.

All camp expenses pass through 'Andre Ward LLC', all revenues pass through 'Andre Ward LLC', and all fight payout expenses pass through 'Andre Ward LLC'.

Heck, if things are structured properly, Ward could have his home and living expenses paid through 'Andre Ward LLC'.

Do you know how an LLC works? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          If Kovalev wants to redeem himself.
          Kovalev has nothing to redeem, he did everything right bar knock his opponent out.

Personally, idgaf about a rematch, the fight wasn't that entertaining and it's really not worth discussing split etc

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't there are plenty of other opponents out there.

Comment

Why not same sht? If there was something in favor of Kovalev as the champ, just switch ut around. Honestly difficult to see how anyone likes Ward, no honor. Why is he milking when he was given such a sweet deal before, even I should say, show some respect maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'm sure there is ALWAYS some money talk in rematch clauses for high profile TV/PPV caliber fights. Even if its just the winner will get a higher split. I think part of the reason to sign a rematch clause is to insure you ger more money this time for submitting to it with the bigger names &/or to insure a nice payday next time around too.

I mean in particular with this fight which I think most everyone knew had a chance to bomb on PPV it'd be of extreme importance to have guidelines in place to insure you don't get $5M for this fight, win it & get $2M or $3M or just get less money the next time around. What sense does it make for Ward's career to have won a fight & take less money in the rematch? Legacy is cool, but legacy doesn't increase your bank account.
              Timothy Bradley had a rematch clause on the Pacquiao fight, the rumored money offer was basically double what he was disclosed to be getting on the first fight, and that wasn't triggered because Pacquaio, though he lost, didn't want the fight.

To hear Ward talk about the fight (Ward seems only interested in the Kovalev rematch, though he he's only going forward with it if the terms are right), it's pretty clear that the way the first fight was put together was Ward swallowing hard and biting the bullet.

The rematch is in the works, and simply accepting Main Events terms isn't going to happen; RNS and Andre Ward are going to be full partners in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                What the press should be asking, to filter out theory since we're not getting details from either side, to either or, is:

"Which venue would you like for the rematch?"
                "Do you feel, since you won, and you came to him for the initial fight, that splits should favor your necessities"?
                "Do you think, in actuality, that if Duva and Kova really wanted this fight it can be again?"
                "What are your wife''s thoughts on the rematch?"
                "Do you think fans should be optimistic about a rematch because it's what they want?"
                What would asking Andre Ward do to answer any of those questions? Main Events and Andre Ward have both made it clear that there's a rematch clause in place, but Main Events have been the only ones to harp about the terms basically being already drawn out.

"Hey Kathy, what venues are being considered for the rematch?", "Hey Kathy, does the contract stipulate that the rematch end up on HBO or is there an option for another HBOPPV?", and "Hey Kathy, do the restrictions on where the fight could possibly be held also apply for the signed rematch?", etc.

To here the story that's been pushed, Kathy Duva has a signed rematch contract with all of the terms already fleshed out, simply waiting for Andre Ward to sign.

I doubt she'll hand over the formal contract, but why has no one asked any questions of Main Events?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  What would asking Andre Ward do to answer any of those questions? Main Events and Andre Ward have both made it clear that there's a rematch clause in place, but Main Events have been the only ones to harp about the terms basically being already drawn out.

"Hey Kathy, what venues are being considered for the rematch?", "Hey Kathy, does the contract stipulate that the rematch end up on HBO or is there an option for another HBOPPV?", and "Hey Kathy, do the restrictions on where the fight could possibly be held also apply for the signed rematch?", etc.

To here the story that's been pushed, Kathy Duva has a signed rematch contract with all of the terms already fleshed out, simply waiting for Andre Ward to sign.

I doubt she'll hand over the formal contract, but why has no one asked any questions of Main Events?
                  that's I why insinuated they'd be content with the loss. putting the shine, blame, on Ward

Comment

We want Ward vs Kovalev 2!!

Got Damn it, get the damn fight done!

Fight should be targeted for either June or July!

Comment

I empathize for Duva. I mean, she's a lady. I feel bad exposing her trophy. She has the right to make decisions in protecting her investment.

What sucks, coincidentally, is she gets a pass by NSB clowns when she dipped put of the purse bid with Stevenson. Either Kovalev was an idiot to understand from the get go told by Duva, "Sergey, just so you know, you can't fight on any other network, so you can troll in interviews that you want 50/50 when side to side with Stevenson. So you can tell Stevenson he is a chicken because the fight won't happen. Canada has the financing to outbreak us with promotionAL power if we lose the bid, but we can just make it seem like Haymon and Showtime are just too strong to compete with... and, you could lose to Stevenson too..."

Sergey: "fugg outta here I Krush Stevenson..I am Krusher."

Duva: " Did you hear what I said?"

Sergey: " no, all I understand is that you don't want purse bid with a fight I want...lika maybe this chichuashin happens when Oscars too leave WbC in future too wide pursa bid."

Duva: "my dear child..you reign will he over soon.. (knucklehead).

Comment

Working...
                      X