Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Kovalev / Duva DON'T Accept Ward's terms, then Kova was content with the Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Kovalev / Duva DON'T Accept Ward's terms, then Kova was content with the Loss

If Kovalev wants to redeem himself, he HAS to bow down to Ward's demands. Ward won, Duva knows the high possibility that Kova loses twice, and that's her trophy gone, so she's trying to cash out whatever she can. Now you might say that War is doing the same thing, but if Ward's initial purse can't be made again, then Duva and Kova should bend over to ''what's right'' as Ward says.

Ward should get 75. Kova 25. Ward came to them. Helped HBO build the fight. When Kellerman asked Ward, Andre acknowledged Kova. When Kellerman asked Kova, he called Stevenson a chicken and never mentioned Ward's name.

I think Kovalev should accept 60/40 in favour of Ward.

Comment

they already accepted everything ward wanted, ward had everything his way in the first fight, what more could he possibly want? unless roc nation decides to lose more money ward won get more than what he did the first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        If Kovalev wants to redeem himself, he HAS to bow down to Ward's demands. Ward won, Duva knows the high possibility that Kova loses twice, and that's her trophy gone, so she's trying to cash out whatever she can. Now you might say that War is doing the same thing, but if Ward's initial purse can't be made again, then Duva and Kova should bend over to ''what's right'' as Ward says.

Ward should get 75. Kova 25. Ward came to them. Helped HBO build the fight. When Kellerman asked Ward, Andre acknowledged Kova. When Kellerman asked Kova, he called Stevenson a chicken and never mentioned Ward's name.
        I think they should accept the split that was part of the original agreement. If Ward retires, regardless, he will forever be remembered as a fraud. He can't escape that fate, and it can't be explained away.

Comment

What are the terms first off?

If Ward agreed to a rematch deal with clear outlines for the winner or just for him then he's on the line to meet those agreements or retire...or offer Kovalev step aside money if he wants to fight someone else.

If its unclear what the terms are for a rematch then I agree Ward gots room to play with & Kovalev & Main Events need to bend to attempt to get the L avenged.

Main thing is what the f#ck are the terms?!?!? Without knowing that idk that there is much of anything to debate except speculation on what the terms could be that are holding up anything concrete becoming of this rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            they already accepted everything ward wanted, ward had everything his way in the first fight, what more could he possibly want? unless roc nation decides to lose more money ward won get more than what he did the first time around.

Comment

If you want a fight you don't set out unreasonable demands, exhibit A: Canelo offering Golovkin a flat fee for the biggest fight in the sport. If Ward wants to rematch Kovalev he will follow the terms set out in the clause. This is not a financial superfight as proven by the first fight PPV figures.

Ward makes it sound like it was he that got 2 million and Kovalev that got 5 million. Aren't you one of the guys that think Golovkin should accept a flat fee for Canelo, why are you pushing for Ward to get more money when he got more than double Sergey's purse the first time round. It's up to Roc Nation to get the extra money Ward is looking for, if they can't do that then he should retire instead of stalling Kovalev's attempt to regain the belts.

Comment

The terms are already agreed to. It's Roc Nation that is paying Ward over and above the split with Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I think they should accept the split that was part of the original agreement. If Ward retires, regardless, he will forever be remembered as a fraud. He can't escape that fate, and it can't be explained away.
                  Ward a Fraud you can't be serious Math..

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I agree.... I don't get all these fans of his that want to support him being unreasonable with his demands, the first fight lost money from what I gather so why would a fan of the sport support someone asking for more.

It's like a poster on here said, some of these guys are just here to watch their favourite fighters get paid.

Ward is my dude but I'm a fan of the sport before any fighter. I can't support any BS no matter how much I like the fighter and this is some BS from Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X